The things we photographers DO .....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazer

Nov 6, 2003
sg
www.jazerstudio.com
Hey guys , Just thought i would start a thread by all of us sharing ..

The things we photographers do .... to get the SHOT!

Any incredible stories n experiences .. or silly things that you do to get the SHOT just right !! Can be anything from taking pictures of kids/models/animals/cars/landscape/dogey alleys/ .. and maybe you can put up pictures to that was taken "behind the scenes". :embrass: ones also can .. haha

Let the stories Begin!

handstand. I did it when i wanted to take close up picture of statue of a little girl. Can only think of that now.

flanking around the security bobby so as to grab exclusive shots

arrive at the events HOURS AHEAD OF OTHER in order to be in the front.... :embrass: :embrass: :embrass:

Go 4 - 5 hrs in advance to shoot a celebrity ;p

SpitFir3 said:

me too. only to found that my p&s can't shoot from the best position at great distance. a waste of time. :cry:
So went to buy a 12x zoom p&s. ;)
too newbie to buy a DSLR. :embrass:

SpitFir3 said:

How about....

5 hours drive to KL (almost run out of petrol on highway),
then 4 hours squeeze with crazy fans but in the end the autograph session was cancelled as the fans was getting too violent....
then 5 hours drive back to Singapore (reached home at 4am)
then few hours later set off to JB again for another autograph session
waited for 5 hours and squeezed with fans under heavy rain + lighting WITHOUT umberlla until underwear also soaked with water (thanks to my minitrekker AW, it is the only thing that is completely dry)

in the end manage to take some good shots of S.H.E. but missed the last bus back to singapore...reach home at 3am in the end :sweat:

I've seen:

- a guy climbing a ladder to get above everybody else
- the same guy using his girlfriend's head to stablise his camera
- the same guy letting his girlfriend carry the ladder as he went nearer to the stage
- another guy jumping up on the stage to get the shots

:D

For me... took half day leave and went to borrow a 70-200VR for shooting SHE on a friday, squeezed with the crowd, stood there for 4 hours plus and took the shots. And best, I did it with Wai. :bsmilie:

espn said:
For me... took half day leave and went to borrow a 70-200VR for shooting SHE on a friday, squeezed with the crowd, stood there for 4 hours plus and took the shots. And best, I did it with Wai. :bsmilie:

eh...what's wrong with going with me...luckily i never jio u to KL, else u will start to curse me now :bsmilie:

Haha,

Think photographers are a crazy bunch!

Me and my dear friend pretend to pose for each other while we try to shoot the person behind us so that she won't suspect. ;p

And I saw my friend crawl on the floor before.

For myself, I had climb on railings before, chase a squirrel like a mad man, hide behind a pillar to take a couple kissing etc.

Not too adventurous yet, newbie mah. :bsmilie:

We rent a cruise to shoot bikini in the open sea.....
We rent a bar in city to shoot bar scene.....
We rode the Harley bike inside the studio to shoot model.....
(And I also let Jazer to use my studio to shoot his stardust shoot.....)

eeee...i dont like S.H.E :bsmilie: :angel: :D

Wai said:
eh...what's wrong with going with me...luckily i never jio u to KL, else u will start to curse me now :bsmilie:
That one very lucky you didn't, wanted to join you for the JB one.. but too last minute to cancel my appointments liao :bsmilie: T'was fun for the SHE at Cineleisure one, :bsmilie:

StreetShooter said:
Well, there was the time I turned up for a nude shoot and found out all the other photographers were wearing clothes...

:bsmilie: :nono:

StreetShooter said:
Well, there was the time I turned up for a nude shoot and found out all the other photographers were wearing clothes...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ehh.... i hope u're really joking.... :think: :think:

espn said:
I've seen:

- a guy climbing a ladder to get above everybody else
- the same guy using his girlfriend's head to stablise his camera
- the same guy letting his girlfriend carry the ladder as he went nearer to the stage
- another guy jumping up on the stage to get the shots

Ladder only??................i was on top of a dustbin the last time i shot at a qian chang hui (Cyndi).................=>

Status
Not open for further replies.