The stunning pictures of sleeping insects covered in water droplets

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Would dew believe it: The stunning pictures of sleeping insects covered in water droplets.

Glistening in the early morning, these insects look like creatures from another planet as dew gathers on their sleeping bodies.

Captured in extreme close-up, one moth appears to be totally encrusted in diamonds as it rests on a twig.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1260946/The-stunning-pictures-sleeping-insects-covered-early-morning-dew.html#ixzz0kOmk12TV

Last edited:
amazing stuffs..

Whoa! Nice shots. Dew drops are present in the early morning. Its a good time to shoot.
Can you post this in the macro section? I'm sure those guys there would love to see such beautiful shots. TIA ;)

Absolutely stunning! Masters of fieldcraft I would reckon.

I've seen similar photos before... Not sure whether it's the same photographer. You can't get dew drops that dense unless it's foggy at that time, which is common in some countries.

Absolutely stunning! Masters of fieldcraft I would reckon.

Wonder what level he is in World of Fieldcraft:bsmilie:

But seriously, those shots kinda creeps me out:bigeyes:

with new photoshop cs5, you just need to spray the bug's eye

then you just content aware everywhere, tada, covered in water droplets.

wow.... this is fantastic.

stunning, i will give it a try, the only problem is to wake up and look for them in the dark

you don't have to wake up in the dark to capture those shots.

After the insects kena flashed by light... fly away already right? So these are one shoot shots?

Cool pictures, the second photo on the fly looks like megatron though!

These are amazing shots! Another one of those series that leaves one in awe. Would be nice if someone can capture a bug in motion shaking off the dews.

If only the human female species will accept water droplets as bling bling for their dresses. :)

Wow, this is pretty amazing.

Does seem to be staged though.