Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Had fun doin street shooting again after a long time ... comments appreciated

DSC_1414.jpg

DSC_1647.JPG

DSC_1715.jpg

wow... super saturated colours!! Shot on film?
Or how you do it? Looks grainy but nice effect!

not bad.

pretty impressive.

quite a marked improvement from the last time i remember you posted.

it's easier to shoot in a foreign country right ?

japanese are pretty camera friendly

sequitur said:
not bad.

pretty impressive.

"it's easier to shoot in a foreign country"...i hate this statement, but i have to agree with you bro...

benedium said:
wow... super saturated colours!! Shot on film?
Or how you do it? Looks grainy but nice effect!

All shot in digital and edited in PS. Can't recall exact workflow but for the colored ones, I remember adjusting the contrast & saturation to get the color I wanted.

sequitur said:
not bad.

pretty impressive.

Thanks man. Guess a short 'retirement' from street shooting does help :)

khairi said:
"it's easier to shoot in a foreign country"...i hate this statement, but i have to agree with you bro...

True but not true for every country. Anyway, there was this incident in Japan when I was standing with a friend in a temple. A big sized 'ang moh' lady came up to us and said 'No pictures! Do not take pictures of me!' (when in actual fact we were not even holding our cammies!). Well my friend just replied 'Don't worry, we will not shoot you. You are ugly and will just waste our time and spoil our cameras!' :bsmilie: And she said 'ok' and walked away .... huh?

your last notes reminded me of the incident that i was shouted at for shooting street shots in novena mrt...he thought i was an SMRT staff in plain clothes! when i told him i was not a staff, he immediately kept quiet and board the train. FYI, he was carrying a medium sized KFC cup in his hand. BTW, i wasnt shooting him at all! :D

i seriously think that it's much easier to shoot street shots in busy crowded area.

I like shooting in foreign countries. Japan is my favourite. The next time you are in Japan, try shooting maikos and geikos in Kyoto. Or while you are in Tokyo, go to Harajuku on Sunday. There are also plenty of festivals in Japan which can be very interesting for candid/street shooting.

Good pictures at Asakusa...

uh,

in japan you can just stop any girl you think is pretty and ask them to give you a pose. :)

that way you're gonna build up a whole collection of pretty japanese girl photos and your mum/dad/wife/husband/-ahem-partner will be screaming at you coz you're supposed to be there taking travel photos and all you've got is (insert-site-here).com's kind of material.

pretty kewl eh

coz they probably think you're a magazine editor doing street fashion photographs.

("oh that america maga jin !" in the most japanese-style english ever)

khairi said:
your last notes reminded me of the incident that i was shouted at for shooting street shots in novena mrt...he thought i was an SMRT staff in plain clothes! when i told him i was not a staff, he immediately kept quiet and board the train. FYI, he was carrying a medium sized KFC cup in his hand. BTW, i wasnt shooting him at all! :D

i seriously think that it's much easier to shoot street shots in busy crowded area.

:bsmilie: dat was funny. it's these incidents which makes street shooting more challenging huh?

anyway the 2nd series of my shots are here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=85093

No. 4 - Hilarious. All three facial expessions are priceless.

A little heavy on the saturation and contrast, but otherwise a fun shot.

Kman

Asakusa and Harajuku! I remember the places pretty well. Great shots, I love them, esp #3, 4 and 5!

i love pic #4! saturated colours *drool*...
and a nice theme to boot; viz... when u r young, you enjoy an ice cream and you have the company of your wife/gf. when u r old, you eat air and only have the company of ur bike. the red wall and black door provides a luscious and sobering foil to this witty contrast.

zaren said:
i love pic #4! saturated colours *drool*...
and a nice theme to boot; viz... when u r young, you enjoy an ice cream and you have the company of your wife/gf. when u r old, you eat air and only have the company of ur bike. the red wall and black door provides a luscious and sobering foil to this witty contrast.

hey! u r makin me worried about getting old leh! grrr ... :bsmilie:

renegade said:
hey! u r makin me worried about getting old leh! grrr ... :bsmilie:

come come....let's drink more kopi before YOU get old...!

:bsmilie:

renegade said:
oooh sure. hmmph. next monday evening? u free?

yepz free... ok mon kopi ONZ!!!

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.