The Rubik's Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

And-s0n

Mar 26, 2006
Took these series of photo's for fun. The Rubik's cube. C&C pls. I think there is something wrong with the lighting in the 2nd pic.

This was how it looked like when i got it.

The_Rubik__s_cube_by_LKHNoel.jpg

This is how it looked like after 5 mins.

The_Rubik__s_cube_2_by_LKHNoel.jpg

And finally after 10mins from getting it.
The_Rubik__s_cube_3_by_LKHNoel.jpg

These series of photo's cost me a cube. I can't seem to put it back together!

Hi And-s0n

I think the lighting is due to an inconsistency in the white balance.

The third pic is interesting because i have always been intrigued by the construct of a rubik cube! But IMHO it looks abit too tight a crop, perhaps can try to take the subject(s) with a much much larger negative clean white space around. I would imagine a black and white version can give a different feel to it

Peace
Ryan

Hi And-s0n

I think the lighting is due to an inconsistency in the white balance.

The third pic is interesting because i have always been intrigued by the construct of a rubik cube! But IMHO it looks abit too tight a crop, perhaps can try to take the subject(s) with a much much larger negative clean white space around. I would imagine a black and white version can give a different feel to it

Peace
Ryan

Oooo. alrite thanks for your comment! It's been a while since i got a comment in CS.:)

Series doesn't work for me - either aesthetically or technically.

As already mentioned, WB is all over the place and crop is too tight for my liking with this subject. The images are also underexposed.

The 1st 2 images are far too static in terms of composition and the last basically needs the blocks to be reshuffled to create some impact and interest.

Series doesn't work for me - either aesthetically or technically.

As already mentioned, WB is all over the place and crop is too tight for my liking with this subject. The images are also underexposed.

The 1st 2 images are far too static in terms of composition and the last basically needs the blocks to be reshuffled to create some impact and interest.

Alrite! thanks. will try again. As soon as i get it fixed.

Hi And-s0n

Peace
Ryan

Maybe shoot the 3rd pic from a higher angle to show more of the "mess"

i find the 3rd picture quite surprising, usually one would expect you to solved it already or still get stucked. great attempt. rubik cube quite ex right, form toys'r'us. haha.

i find the 3rd picture quite surprising, usually one would expect you to solved it already or still get stucked. great attempt. rubik cube quite ex right, form toys'r'us. haha.

Got this one at some stationary shop around my hse. Quite happy I managed to get it back in one piece.

Haaa... i like the sequence... sorry i wasn't lookin at the qulity of the shoot.. i forgot! So ... haaa.. i like it..

Haha! thanks for your comment

Thks fur the pictures! I did the same to my poor cube when I lost my temper when I was young :sweat:.

Thks fur the pictures! I did the same to my poor cube when I lost my temper when I was young :sweat:.

Haha! I find it quite fun! But this one broke when i was turning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.