The rock chic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveBeaches

Dec 19, 2008
androidsinboots.com
will post this 2 for C & C while i process the rest. c&C are welcome.

9d.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
nice. i like pic 1 more except the hair has lost all details.

thanks. ya. wanted to bring out more details in the sky by tuning up the shadow. trade off. haha.

pic is not sharp..

ya. should have use a tripod as i down my shutter since i want the bg to be seen.

i think #1 is pretty nice ...

except ... perhaps run a power cable from the amp to outside of the frame .. .and a banana cable from the guitar to the amp? ... just feed a little more detail would be good ...

either way, i like it =)

Well as they say, practice practice practice :)

but i need someone to teach me first. hint hint. haha.

i think #1 is pretty nice ...

except ... perhaps run a power cable from the amp to outside of the frame .. .and a banana cable from the guitar to the amp? ... just feed a little more detail would be good ...

either way, i like it =)

and i thought no one would notice that. haha. i only realise i forgot my wire when i reach there. i do agree. it will seem more real that way.

#1 is good, I like the light and the dark clouds above.
But the guitar is blending into the black of the pants and personally I find the amp is redundant. The shoes doesn't fit to the beach (maybe some boots are better here) and her left ankle looks weird. I'd frame tighter and cut off the amp.

I love the 2nd one alot but handshake totally destroyed it. Might help if u use a lens with large aperture like f/1.4 then reduce shutter speed. But must take care that the strobe does not light up the surrounding railings too much. That with a high contrast b&w will work really good. :)

Just my humble opinion.

#1 is good, I like the light and the dark clouds above.
But the guitar is blending into the black of the pants and personally I find the amp is redundant. The shoes doesn't fit to the beach (maybe some boots are better here) and her left ankle looks weird. I'd frame tighter and cut off the amp.

wow sharp eyes! i didnt notice the ankle until u said so.
i prefer wider this case, i like the sky and surrounding.
thanks for C&C

#1 is nice.

=)))

I love the 2nd one alot but handshake totally destroyed it. Might help if u use a lens with large aperture like f/1.4 then reduce shutter speed. But must take care that the strobe does not light up the surrounding railings too much. That with a high contrast b&w will work really good. :)

Just my humble opinion.

i totally agree with that. unfortunately my 50mm not wide enough so i make do with f2.8.
ya agree. some of which i light up the railing too much, discard them already.
ok shall go do a b&w.

more coming upppp.

ya agree. some of which i light up the railing too much, discard them already.ok shall go do a b&w.

Just an idea from my last shooting: play with exposure settings like EV -2 to cut off surrounding light and increase shutter speed. Then adjust Flash Exposure Compensation so that only the girl is lit but not too much surroundings. A flash snoot could help here, saw some funny DIY solutions here using black straws.

Just an idea from my last shooting: play with exposure settings like EV -2 to cut off surrounding light and increase shutter speed. Then adjust Flash Exposure Compensation so that only the girl is lit but not too much surroundings. A flash snoot could help here, saw some funny DIY solutions here using black straws.

mmm. good solution. shall try on my next night shoot.
mmm. can show the link? not sure what u referring to.

I like #1... nice vignetting effect.... :)

thanks! =)

heys. i love the first pic. but its a pity the features of the face not sharp

:D

actually its pretty sharp. but i dont know why here it doesnt look sharp. =(

#3: 3x :thumbsup:for the expression in her face and the pose. I love it! But: crop it at portrait, get rid of the sign and all the space on the left. The glare and the shadows show where the light comes from. No point keeping that ugly street light in the frame.
#6: What is the intention here? Doesn't work for me. Another idea: Have her sit down and "hug" the steel structure. That gives a good combination with her outfit. Get closer and / or use longer focal length to blur out the background, cut out the lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.