The Road to Riches

nitewalk

May 31, 2010
Singapore
5336280226_6a620cd16f_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, exposure and any other things you can think of.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
MBS is done by many many here, so I was hoping to find a different way to shoot MBS from a different angle.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It was done at night some months ago, I shot this while standing on the road divider between the two lanes. Camera is mounted on tripod. And receive many bewildered stares from drivers from both lanes.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Personally, I think shooting at night is difficult. Like what many would say, its better to shoot during the golden hours. But I wanted to include the light trails, although the fact that there were few cars worked against me. I really wanted to do something different so in that sense i am satisfied that i tried it. As for whether it is technically alright, I leave it to one and all to critique. Thanks :)

Personal thought:

The museum at the right is kind of disturbing comparing the other half of the picture which is empty.

Noted with thanks!

Personal thought:

The museum at the right is kind of disturbing comparing the other half of the picture which is empty.

if you're talking about that, then the car frozen on the right is distracting too. it's hard to pull this one off unless you're shooting at the wee hours of the morning, without the light trails.

another way to get the museum out is to walk past the dividers towards the MBS. did that before. it works but you would lose most of the road which are the leading lines.

another way is to tell the Sands boss to demolish the museum because it hurts the composition :dunno:

my 2 cents ;)

He'll slap me with his stacks of money, if i suggest that.

I did consider the wee hours part, but I still wanted the light trails because its something different i suppose. Maybe your suggestion to walk towards the MBS would work, will try it some day. But if it loses the road, then i wouldn't get what i want as well. haiz.

Thanks for your suggestions!