THE CAST
JAY CHOU as Takumi Fujiwara
ANTHONY WONG as Bunta Fujiwara
EDISON CHEN as Ryousuke Takahashi
ANNE SUZUKI as Natsuki Mogi
SHAWN YUE as Takeshi Nakazato
CHAPMAN TO as Itsuki Takeuchi
JORDAN CHAN as Kyouichi Sudou

is this going to be an english or chinese or japanese movie?

cantonese... but sg... chinese...

anyway... very disappointed with the casting... hence will most likely wait for reviews to watch...

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: hahahaha!!! finially coming!!! :lovegrin:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
cantonese... but sg... chinese...

anyway... very disappointed with the casting... hence will most likely wait for reviews to watch...
Piece of SH!t... Cantonese movie when translated to chinese is no fun to watch... what the heck is SG Government thinking?... I Doubt they ever did appreciate the entertainment value of a movie..

isn't cantonese, chinese as well?

lurker said:
isn't cantonese, chinese as well?

I think they meant Mandarin....all dubbed in Mandarin. Most, if not all Hong Kong based production movies are all spoken in their native language, Cantonese.

So when u have something dub over, it really sound stupid. I love Cantonese myself too. Agree with RossChang..... :thumbsup:

the picture looks really cool :cool:

Can't wait for the movie to come out!! Hope its as good as the anime!! anyone following fourth stage?? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RossChang said:
Piece of SH!t... Cantonese movie when translated to chinese is no fun to watch... what the heck is SG Government thinking?... I Doubt they ever did appreciate the entertainment value of a movie..

pls keep politics out of the topic.... ;)

hmmm Initial D uses toyota cars...... i realli dunno why did they use such a old car... :bsmilie:

Well, if the cinema here play the movie in its native cantonese language, I think up to half of the Chinese population in Singapore will not be able to enjoy the movie, as they are busy reading the subtitles. I'm one of those that does not speak cantonese, and I would prefer to watch Hong Kong movies dubbed in mandarin.

glennyong said:

hmmm Initial D uses toyota cars...... i realli dunno why did they use such a old car... :bsmilie:

because Takumi Fujiwara drives a AE86? duh

kelccm said:
Well, if the cinema here play the movie in its native cantonese language, I think up to half of the Chinese population in Singapore will not be able to enjoy the movie, as they are busy reading the subtitles. I'm one of those that does not speak cantonese, and I would prefer to watch Hong Kong movies dubbed in mandarin.

Well, I understand how you feel but I think if you understand cantonese and watch a movied dubbed in mandarin..it's really frustrating..because all the interesting dialogue which was originally in cantonese loses its meaning in mandarin. watching stephen chow movie in mandarin is never as funny as it is in cantonese.
but for me i think i prefer to watch movies in their original language even though i dun understand a word of french/italian/brazilian etc...

glennyong said:

duh... thats cos its based on the anime... fyi.. its not only toyota...

from the looks of it... edison chen would be driving a mazda Rx7-FC3S, den chen xiao chun would be driving a mitsubishi evo 3

If you like the animation.....this one is a "must watch" no matter what other people comment :lovegrin:

But I am curious how come the movie right was won by Hongkonger instead of Japanese studio??? Jap no better director or casts?? I am sure they will do a hollywood version if this one selling well :think:

Big Kahuna said:
If you like the animation.....this one is a "must watch" no matter what other people comment :lovegrin:

But I am curious how come the movie right was won by Hongkonger instead of Japanese studio??? Jap no better director or casts?? I am sure they will do a hollywood version if this one selling well :think:

if there is a hollywood version with ang mo cast... think its going to be the end of the initial d franchise... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.