The rates that you command...

What are the per-hour rates you command?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
Riding off all the flaming of people looking for "cheap labour"... Thought that I would create two polls here... See other thread for the other poll. (pssst. its anonymous. so don't worry too much :bsmilie: )

Riding off all the flaming of people looking for "cheap labour"... Thought that I would create two polls here... See other thread for the other poll. (pssst. its anonymous. so don't worry too much :bsmilie: )

Per hour of what? Time spent on location or total time spent on project?

is it for your reference how much you going to charge?

Perhaps the poll would be more accurate if you specified the type of photography. For example in commercial photogrpahy, $1k+ per hour is pretty easy to bill but you'd be unlikely to get that for corporate events, from what i know anyway, so it really depends on what you're shooting.

Haha. I am not a professional (and can never be due to clauses in my current job contract). I think I belong close to the freebie category. :bsmilie: . so in answer to you zahx81, it isn't a reference for me. At any rate, I really have no idea how to place a value to my own works. Art is subjective. What one may consider trash, may be worth hundreds of dollars to another.

The thread was actually just started out for fun, since so many people are looking for cheaper and cheaper photographers in CS, are thare actually any photogs here that charge that price? Thus the reason for the poll.

ckuang: my bad. I should have specified the poll to pertain to wedding photographers :)

I suspect the rates are falling and still falling.... with courtesy of stronger competition thanks to the digital age (The most famous photogs are not affected though)

Actually, i think it's the opposite and the rates are increasing like crazy. We have newbies opening at $2k plus, which is quite a lot higher than when I started.

Heh yes. And if one actually believes the results on the other poll I created, almost 50% of those polled is going to increase their rates. :bsmilie:

2k is a big sum.. I wish I had charged even a quarter of that amount. LOL.

When I hire someone to do events photography I look for people at price range of $100-$199. I thought that is a fair rate.

i am amazed by how much photographers can charge per hour esp those above $200.

i was quoted $1500 australian dollars for a 3 hour shoot, our rates are peanuts.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

cos singaporeans dun value photography mah. it reflects when the first thing clients always asked is not about your work but your price.

our rates are peanuts.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Good_deal.jpg

They will be people who will match price for quality. You who don't charge the price they are looking for are not really targeting them.

cos singaporeans dun value photography mah. it reflects when the first thing clients always asked is not about your work but your price.

Actually I've come to realise that how clients value photography is very much related to how the photographer himself/herself values photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.