The Q7 / Q10 / Q picture sharing thread

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
Maybe a bit early, but I know at least 4 guys here have it :D
Sure hope to see more in the near future.

Lets share shots taken with the Q7/Q10/Q here :

With the 06 lens and the larger Q7 sensor, I do think that it gives a bit more shallow DOF for isolation shots.

9438671631_3812b7ab6d_c.jpg

9441456652_a47268c2d9_c.jpg

Seeing the Q7 Bokeh and sharpness, can't help but want to compare with Q10 with 06 lens.

#1 Shot at f3.5, 167mm equivalent zoom- bokeh still reasonable good even the background object is not that far away from focus point
IMGP2108.JPG

#2 Shot at f4.5, 243mm equivalent zoom - no bokeh-background nearer to flower focus point than camera
IMGP2089.JPG

#3 Shot at f4.5, 242mm equivalent zoom- bokeh ok- but background not much color mix- the water surface, not so nice.
IMGP2087.JPG

9493156814_6196aaf7e5_z.jpg

Again, I think shallower DOF for isolation is somewhat possible and very usable with Q7+06 zoom.

Have the Q.. but it's been awhile I last used it. Not much new photos, do have some new shots but not yet taken out of the card.

Just sharing those which I have shared before...
01 lens close up for Food shot.

Pushing the Q's ISO to 800.. with 02 lens

Same ISO 800 but with adapter with FA77mm

Lastly, pushing to ISO2500 which i felt it is good for web viewing...... with 02 lens

Again, another one that shows off that isolation can be achieved with the Q7 and 01 prime.

9493158244_e6a8e73371_c.jpg

IMO, dof is a bit lesser than Q/Q10 such that it can be 'just enough' to achieve that effect where the subject is more in focus wrt the bkground.
Thats effectively means that if I took the Q7 out as the only camera for the day, it can still do some of this 'subject isolation thru lesser DOF' type shots.

Fisheye fun.... how many pns cameras can claim that ;)

9493156934_c54c47d9a4_c.jpg

The fast AF, good metering, handy size and top this up with a eq. FOV of 40mm at fast f1.9 just makes this a very versatile and good street/candid photography camera.

9490360545_a23517b35e_z.jpg

9490360411_22297e4590_z.jpg

9490360611_277eff0baf_z.jpg

Photo continue from GRing the MBS !

#1 Strong HDR with Q+01 lens
IMGP4406.JPG

#2 From roof top garden boardwalk overlooking Raffles Boulevard with Q + 03 Fish eyes lens
IMGP4429.jpg

#3 The Three Hotels - with Q + 03 Fish eye lens
IMGP4444.jpg

#4 Water of Life with Q + 03 Fish Eyes lens pushed up ISO to 3200 f5.6(fixed) 1/250 try to freeze water
IMGP4508.jpg

#5 Wide enough ? Q + 03 Fish eyes lens, one supertree still outside on the right .

IMGP4462.jpg

The power of Q10 + 06 lens !

# 6 From across the skating rink ! The father was watching !
IMGP4323.jpg

#7 From the rooftop garden ! The Merlion was watching !
IMGP4336.jpg

My application of the 03 lens with the Q7 ...

The march in ... (Colosseum, Rome, Italy)

Reactions: oceanpriest

I see you have also got the Q7. Sorry could not meet up as I was and still am super busy with school. How about we meet during the coming Sept school holidays?

I saw this pic on your flickr, but did not know it was with the Q7.
Wow!

If you add on (to my Tokyo review) or write another user experience review about it, I think the Q7 will fly off the shelves at launch :D

Seems it is here already. One new Pentax user who bought over my K5 asked me if $5xx was a good price for the Q7 body only . .

I see you have also got the Q7. Sorry could not meet up as I was and still am super busy with school. How about we meet during the coming Sept school holidays?

Felix, we should do this offline? ;-)

I saw this pic on your flickr, but did not know it was with the Q7.
Wow!

If you add on (to my Tokyo review) or write another user experience review about it, I think the Q7 will fly off the shelves at launch :D

Pai seh bo? It's your review! I don't have enough time to post anything really beyond my APAD. Even that's not regularly updated!

I already think with your review, the Q7's getting quite a bit of coverage, and interests levels are already pretty sky high!

Seems it is here already. One new Pentax user who bought over my K5 asked me if $5xx was a good price for the Q7 body only . .
5XX? Wah Felix ... u already trying to price it for BNS section is it?!

Hi, can I check if this is post processed, or did it come out of the camera looking like that?
Nonetheless, good shot.
Currently have the K01, wondering if Q7 is needed. lol

Pai seh bo? It's your review! I don't have enough time to post anything really beyond my APAD. Even that's not regularly updated!

I already think with your review, the Q7's getting quite a bit of coverage, and interests levels are already pretty sky high!

No probs, Pentax users speak w/ photos man!
So your APAD is one of the best 'thousand words' a day for the camera/s. :D

Felix, we should do this offline? ;-)

5XX? Wah Felix ... u already trying to price it for BNS section is it?!

Not me, but the new user. He asked if that price was good to go. I told him I am not sure but I don't know where he got the pricing from.

Hi, can I check if this is post processed, or did it come out of the camera looking like that?
Nonetheless, good shot.
Currently have the K01, wondering if Q7 is needed. lol
A bit of LR type of processing sure got ... minimal though. I am jet-lagged. Tired to process. But I am only sharing 800 px ... such sizes, Q7 can la.

As for whether you need K-01 and Q7, that one really up to you.

No probs, Pentax users speak w/ photos man!
So your APAD is one of the best 'thousand words' a day for the camera/s. :D

:bsmilie: ... I will add a few there too, with your permission!

Not me, but the new user. He asked if that price was good to go. I told him I am not sure but I don't know where he got the pricing from.

Wait till APDS come out with pricing. Check them out at your local stores! ;-)

Okay hopefully the next one do it justice ...

Q7 + 02 + in-cam ND

Millennium Bridge, London, UK

Last edited:
Just got my Q...just sharing...
9573742067_a74c27b541_b.jpg

9573741951_aba54145b0_b.jpg