The problem with MOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
I collected some batteries from a MO yesterday at Peninsular Plaza, and had an experience that got me thinking.

What happened was, I collected the batteries, and was leaving the collection area when this uncle coming back bumped into me. He was holding a set of batteries too, and saw my camera bag.

Uncle: You collected the battery right?

Me: Yep.

Uncle: Did he say will come with charger?

Me: No.. just the batteries.

Uncle: *gives a face*

Me: It's quite cheap already... if a charger was included as well everyone'll be going for it.

Uncle: At least it comes with casing.

*walks back to escalator with me*

Uncle: Hmph. I think he make some money out of this. If not who will do?

Me: silence.

It strikes me as strange how so many people like to find fault with people who organize MOs. I mean, the MO was offered, price was stated, you found the price good and went for it. No one pointed a gun at your head and forced you to join in. Even if people make some money out of it, they're still spending money and time to take a bus, sit and wait for you during collection, so what's the problem?

And the most laughable part was, this uncle expected 4 batteries and a charger for $14.

yah dUh..

I agree with uncle.. "if don't make profit, who will do?"
you should have replied, "if you don't find it cheap, why you buy?"

Anyway, this kind of thread is qutie old already.. discussed AT LEAST one other time.

Organsise MO, get profit. I thought it's a common understanding here. I doubt there are any charitable organisations here who can claim they are "non-profit" :D

yanyewkay said:
yah dUh..

I agree with uncle.. "if don't make profit, who will do?"
you should have replied, "if you don't find it cheap, why you buy?"

Anyway, this kind of thread is qutie old already.. discussed AT LEAST one other time.

Organsise MO, get profit. I thought it's a common understanding here. I doubt there are any charitable organisations here who can claim they are "non-profit" :D

like what mentioned... this topic has been discussed dunno how many times also...

then you'll start seeing pp from both sides.. or some trolls who might wanna just start a flame war again... :sweat:

You right! :thumbsup: Its naive to think there's such a thing as free lunch. :cool:

My experience was much worst, lend my friend a video cam back in the late 80's.

The acknowledgement was your cam no good, color no good, contrast no good...... I kept quiet.

The following year, he called and asked if he can borrow the same cam again.

I replied: Since you said the cam no good, I sold it liao :sticktong

Well, even there is free lunch in this world.....not everyone do appreciate lor :cry:

In the beginning, there was only 1 kind of MO, where everyone just order the items and share the shipping cost. No profit. Everything is transparent. This is a simple understanding.

But in recent times, I guess people are abusing the word MO by selling the things under the guise as MO. They make some profit out of MO. Mass Sales should be more appropriate as some of them are classifying.

Then there are also people who declare that they make no profit out of MO, but they do, they only put they character in question.

Anyway, it is everyone’s responsibility to do their research; they can only blame themselves if things go wrong. :)

mm:think: mass sales is indeed a better word. Maybe the mods/admin can put in more enforcement into the usage of words such as Mass Order and Mass Sales. Right now, they seem to be used interchangably.

No matter MO or MS, as long as the people here think is a gd buy, that wat we call a good deal.
Why care so much about profit, if both parties have advantage.
right???

I think people these days expect WAY too much. Can't a guy who goes through the trouble of ordering the stuff, collecting it, expecting kite-flyers, having to explain if anything goes wrong, and spending the time travelling to meetup points to earn a bit of profit?

Or are you guys non-appreciative of such efforts? So a guy asks for a little kopi money for his effort and as quoted here is said to be abusing the word MO, I guess that's very nice of you people.

That man is too much lo....expect wat...that person took the effort to MO and transport no need $$$ one ah? Pls lo...
Think basar-malam ah?? 3 underwear for $10???

jnet6 said:
No matter MO or MS, as long as the people here think is a gd buy, that wat we call a good deal.
Why care so much about profit, if both parties have advantage.
right???

Which country are you staying in? SINGAPORE. "WANT THE CHEAPEST, WANT THE BEST DEAL, WANT THE LONGEST RELIABILITY & WANT THE BEST!"

Some people will squeeze every single cent they can out of you.

Whether it's Mass Sales, Mass Order or whatever mess they are in, this is Singaporean style for you but you must make sure it's clear cut. Don't mind paying a higher price if the MO/MS product is sold openly and with no hidden secrets....

$14 w/ charger. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Got...the type where you have to ride your bicycle to charge lor. NB...buay tahan man.

:think: i wonder who's the uncle

Vulpix0r said:
I think people these days expect WAY too much. Can't a guy who goes through the trouble of ordering the stuff, collecting it, expecting kite-flyers, having to explain if anything goes wrong, and spending the time travelling to meetup points to earn a bit of profit?

Or are you guys non-appreciative of such efforts? So a guy asks for a little kopi money for his effort and as quoted here is said to be abusing the word MO, I guess that's very nice of you people.

Actually, I think it all depends on the situation. A cheap kopi is 80cents, ok starbuck kpoi is $6. Some MO here are making $20 to over a $100 each for each item.

MO is usually on volunteer service, profit is a simple thank you, the person gain himself as he needs the item too. It's like ordering more you get better discount, and you share the cost savings.

Sadly, such people are rare these days. :)

Of course I am not refering to simon80 which I think he did a good job.

Pepper said:
Actually, I think it all depends on the situation. A cheap kopi is 80cents, ok starbuck kpoi is $6. Some MO here are making $20 to over a $100 each for each item.

MO is usually on volunteer service, profit is a simple thank you, the person gain himself as he needs the item too. It's like ordering more you get better discount, and you share the cost savings.

Sadly, such people are rare these days. :)

Of course I am not refering to simon80 which I think he did a good job.

even though his Sanyo 2500mAH is more expensive to what Alvin fella offers? :think: I'm getting confuse. :confused:
either way both are doing CS'ers a good deed whether there's profit behind the purchases or not. Look at it from another prespective, can you buy similar item at lower or same price elsewhere? if no, then they're doing you a favour. willing buyer, willing seller. period. :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

For those that complain a lot. Try organising a few MO's and you'll understand.

Sitting there like idiots, people don't turn up to collect, people don't tell you they can't turn up, people who bargain with you on the spot, people who take you for granted, people who bomb your handphone and sms you with stupid questions, people who don't read information properly, people who ask you to cater to their locations specially etc etc...

Try it and you'll see. If not, stop complaining ;p

Got a very bad experience deal to one MO I confucted but it got nothing to do with the buyers. It is the company that I was dealing with. Poor service and tons of reasons and execuses.

As the person conducting MO, this is one of the risk that we might face but the buyer are not aware. Anything goes wrong, we have to spend a lot of times settling the issues.

Cheers
John

Well to all MO'ers, you're doing a great job. There will always be couple of ppl not happy. But more happy CS'ers out-weight those unhappy ones. So just do what you think is right. At the end of the day, you be the judge of yourself. Did you do a good or great job? Yes? Yes! That's it. :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.