The price of 3 years old D40X

Mettalady

Nov 13, 2009
I am thinking of selling my 3 years old D40X (body only), but dunno know the market value, does anybody know and can share with me. My cam. is still very good in condition.

With so many generation of the DSLR overtaking the D40x.. the fair value is around $250-$350.. body only..;)

I think you'd rather keep it, might become a collector's item in the future

I am thinking of selling my 3 years old D40X (body only), but dunno know the market value, does anybody know and can share with me. My cam. is still very good in condition.
it largely depends on the demand, suggest you scroll the recent dealing price of a D40 at Buy/Sell: Nikon Equipment to get a better ideal.

Your guess is as good as mind. Go check out the going price in the Buy & Sell section.

Think range from BnS is 300-550 for D40X body only. Try in-between price - 400?

I think you'd rather keep it, might become a collector's item in the future

Yupps, I agree, not only will it become a collector's item, it may even be able to command even higher prices than when you first bought it. Catch is, it must be well maintained.

I have seen DSLRs with fungus on sensor. One owner mentioned that the camera was kept in drycab for too long.

Lesson learned. Either use the camera or sell if you don't intend to use.

WAH, seriously?? Keep in dry cab too long, sensor can grow fungus?? woahs...:sweat:

KK, gonna do it like monthly servicing schedule. Take out clean clean a bit, play play a bit, sun it a bit, pet it a bit then put back.

Any other amazing stories to share?? :sweatsm: You have my respect as a camera technician :thumbsup:

a dslr become collector item? are you serious? how long you need to keep to make it a collector item? 100years? 200years?
usually only a rare or exotic item will be more valuable, take Nikon film camera for an example, a F, F2 F3 will fetch better value than the EM or EG.

I have seen DSLRs with fungus on sensor. One owner mentioned that the camera was kept in drycab for too long.

Lesson learned. Either use the camera or sell if you don't intend to use.

Thanks for sharing this info. As DSLR consists of electronic components, and they tend to have certain lifespan.
Fatigue, base on your experience what is the oldest DSLR you have come across and how old?

WAH, seriously?? Keep in dry cab too long, sensor can grow fungus?? woahs...:sweat:

KK, gonna do it like monthly servicing schedule. Take out clean clean a bit, play play a bit, sun it a bit, pet it a bit then put back.

Any other amazing stories to share?? :sweatsm: You have my respect as a camera technician :thumbsup:

Thanks,
This only proves that a keeping cameras and lenses in dry cabinet for too long is not 100% safe. There are some unlucky cases. No intention to scare people, just a precaution.

Thanks for sharing this info. As DSLR consists of electronic components, and they tend to have certain lifespan.
Fatigue, base on your experience what is the oldest DSLR you have come across and how old?

I've got 2 nikon D100 still working fine. One slightly abused and one with minor user marks.
The nice copy has also fungus on sensor filter :bsmilie:. Maybe the previous owner kept the camera in the drycab for too long.

Thanks,
This only proves that a keeping cameras and lenses in dry cabinet for too long is not 100% safe. There are some unlucky cases. No intention to scare people, just a precaution.

I've got 2 nikon D100 still working fine. One slightly abused and one with minor user marks.
The nice copy has also fungus on sensor filter :bsmilie:. Maybe the previous owner kept the camera in the drycab for too long.
dry cabinet will not kill the fungus, it just make the environment very hard for fungus to grow.. so fungus will still possible to grow in the dry cabinet if given enough time.