The Power of Photoshop CS, a personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
Was fiddling around with a photo.

Before
5ccee186.jpg

After
8e310212.jpg

Cool huh. I love photoshop because of it.

I know it has rescused bad pictures for me more than once :) Normally is colour dosent work out some channel mixing and b/w conversion does the trick.

sorry, but kinda liked the Before better...

theRBK said:
sorry, but kinda liked the Before better...

Same here. 2nd photo's been overcooked. Over saturated and too much contrast.

No offence, but its more like The Destructive Power of Photoshop CS.
:bsmilie:

Maybe you can try Before + After / 2

dun just play ard the contrast n brightness.. use filter as well.. the sea n sky may turn out nicer n natural-er..

erm. in case you guys have not noticed, the distracting slippers in the foreground is removed too, and the background behind the couple's heads has been 'added' in.

but on hindsight, maybe the colours were overpushed a little. not withstanding, i've seen film with even more contrasty colours. so colours is actually a very personal thing, i guess.

the slippers removed is ok... but prefer the sunset to overcast sky... also, cause the setting sun is covered, the sunlight reflecting off the sea would not be there...

wildstallion said:
Yup same here, i also prefered the sky in the first one, also too much contrats and saturation, but gd job on removing the flip flops :thumbsup:
I think the picture looks better with the flip flops there. Didn't notice it before...

Photoshop CS is definitely great....i agree totally cox it had helped mi improved my photos a lot after processing.....especially when i am using a normal 3.2mp camera now.....Photoshop CS had help mi processed these photos to a better one....

Cheers to Photoshop CS!!!
:cheers:

kunjack said:
Photoshop CS is definitely great....i agree totally cox it had helped mi improved my photos a lot after processing.....especially when i am using a normal 3.2mp camera now.....Photoshop CS had help mi processed these photos to a better one....

Cheers to Photoshop CS!!!
:cheers:
if a shot is crappy, how do you make it a great shot in PS?

I think the before looks better.
I think the after picture hurts my eye.

+evenstar said:
if a shot is crappy, how do you make it a great shot in PS?

hehe yeah, i feel a photo is something tt comes out of the camera.

processing changes a photo into a digital work.

using ps may make a nice digital work, but it does not affect the photo because it is not a photo anymore (its "virginity" is lost)

Just a small observation. When you clone the clouds try to avoid similar patterns repeating themselves. Retouch or distort the clones into a different shapes in order not to give away that the area has been cloned.

Happy Photoshopping!

Just my 2cents..
When too many people says that they like the B4, it may be wise to relook instead of putting it down as personal preferences..:)

let's have some fun now alright?

if you ppl are interested, you can copy the original image and try to edit it to what you feel is 'prefection' with whatever program you like.

then post it up here for everyone to discuss!

the picture looks better without the slippers.

but overall i prefer the before version. it looks more natural. newer version has too much contrast, especially the clouds - looks unrealistic. maybe have to be more careful with pix with people in them. we can accept dramatic skies and sunsets, but our tolerance for odd skin tones is much lower.

what was that quote? "power is nothing without control"

If its your first few tries achieving the "After" photo,
i think you're already getting good at photoshop.

But of cos, to manipulate the photo nicely,
it needs a lot of practice, and pay attention to details.

Way to go. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.