the possibility of algae attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargirl

Jul 30, 2003
bt batok
i was doing routine cleansing after snapping and realised there are small small patches of particles on the edge of my lenses, and lens cap.
it seem like patches of dirt but am not sure whether it might be algae growing, even though i've not once wet my camera.

've taken up snapping 3mths ago, and is still very clueless about everything!
thus, am hoping someone to enlighten me on the possibilities of getting algae growth. and yah, i used tissue ppr to wipe the edges, it shld be of no harm right??

thanks to all replies, in advance.

Hi,

Nice to see another from bt batok. Do you keep your camera and lens in a dry box? It is essential. I have not encountered algae on the lense before except for my specs, hehehe! i thought algae require strong damp environment with strong sunlight to thrive. I don't think it is algae. It is best to clean your lens with a proper lens cleaning paper. Tissue paper might scratch, and it definitely has way too much small "dust particles" falling onto the lens.

hi Gunjack senior,
thanks for your expertised opinion. im gonna try get lens cleanin ppr this wkend.

and yah, Junyang, all my equipment are in the drybox.
im not sure whether its a gd one though!

To be safe, put some silica into the drybox. If you have already done that, make sure that the silica is still blue in color. Once they turn pink, they would no longer be effective and you need to "fry or cook" them to rid them of the moisture.

For drybox, you can get some Mocona coffee bottle as substitute as well. I have kept my for years this way till I bought my electric cabinet.

When I saw the thread title, images of a huge algae-based monster stomping through the streets of Orchard went thru my mind. :bsmilie:

very very funny Vincent...i didnt really sound like that, or did i???

stargirl said:
very very funny Vincent...i didnt really sound like that, or did i???

yeah, it sounded like that. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.