The POD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nautz

Sep 12, 2004
Hi
Has anyone try using the pod yet? Supposed to eradicate blurry pictures that results from handshake problems. Saw it at CP website.

http://www.thepod.ca/home.html

Was thinking of getting it as I have handshaking problems.

Cheers,
Dave

Hmmm ... The POD ... Can be quite useful as a substitute for tripods in certain situations for compacts & DSLRs without grip with a compact lens attached.

Not very useful if u can't find a stable support to place The POD. Of course u can always go for the low angle shots ...

Basically, the Pod is a beanbag with a screwthread to fix to your camera. I got the red pod for my D50, but I find the red pod only supports the body when fixed and placed on my table, my kit lens is pointing down, seems not big enough to support the camera. Have to do some adjustment to the pod before I can take a decent picture.

Overall, the beanbag idea is great, esp for putting on ledge, and where tripod is no possible/available. Just that $35 for a beanbag seems quite excessive now. I leave it at home, as I now can carry my tripod with me tied to my bag.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
bought, brought, but never use...
Bought, brought, used for some night shots, but find the weight a bit heavy to carry out everyday (still way better than monopod/tripod), now don't use it frequent except night travel.

Better than putting on flat surface alone, as you can adjust the angle a little bit. But find it a bit hard to adjust/maintain the proper angle shots sometime.

nautz said:
Hi
Has anyone try using the pod yet? Supposed to eradicate blurry pictures that results from handshake problems. Saw it at CP website.

http://www.thepod.ca/home.html

Was thinking of getting it as I have handshaking problems.

Cheers,
Dave

save the money and buy a small little mini tripod also better....

can consider a table tripod for DSLR at CP for $35 also.

willdon said:
can consider a table tripod for DSLR at CP for $35 also.

Hmm...tats the same cost as the POD! Haha...But can the table tripod hold the weight of a telephoto lens as well?

nautz said:
Hmm...tats the same cost as the POD! Haha...But can the table tripod hold the weight of a telephoto lens as well?
I think most mini-size (tri)pods are not design for heavy telezoom lens.

nautz said:

none of those can take telephoto lenses... unless your camera is small and light, and the lenses is plastic... that said, still high possibility it won't work..

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
none of those can take telephoto lenses... unless your camera is small and light, and the lenses is plastic... that said, still high possibility it won't work..

Then I guess I'll be better off lugging a sturdy tripod. Was thinking of getting the POD before my trip to Sydney. Now that I know what it can do, guess won't be wasting my $$ already. :sweat:

Thanks alot guys! :thumbsup:

nautz said:
Then I guess I'll be better off lugging a sturdy tripod. Was thinking of getting the POD before my trip to Sydney. Now that I know what it can do, guess won't be wasting my $$ already. :sweat:

Thanks alot guys! :thumbsup:
Good decision! Go Downunder must bring tripod ;)

Enjoy your trip! :D

I think if your lens is much heavier than the body, it would result in the Pod tilting forward because the screw is situated in the middle of the Pod. Prob better to just get an ordinary beanbag instead. Easier to balance and adjust.

Yeah, but it seems so difficult to buy one nowadays....;(

Having said that, the pod is really a sturdy beanbag with thick padding, so can give good protection. It's filled with these tiny beads. I just wished I could shift the screw thread to the edge so that it would support better, but that would mean another hole...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.