The Pentax K1 Thread! - Post all your K1 picts and impressions

I have reached Pelennor Fields on the Alps to Ocean Cycle Trail on the travel thread here :
https://www.clubsnap.com/threads/pinholecam-from-alps-to-ocean-a-bicycle-photo-log.1719400/

Pelennor Fields
by jenkwang, on Flickr
Pentax K1+FA31ltd

Pentax has made a hell of a camera with the K1, but too bad the marketing about it is really bad.
The K1 worked well in the snow and even with my leather gloves on.
I was up into snow line of the hills and it still worked, and the wind up there was so high as to be able to blow over my heavily loaded bike when I leaned it on a signage post.
The Dynamic Range was fantastic and many shots that I recall needed at least 2 exposures with K5, K30, now just need one with the K1, being able to simply pull the highlights and shadows back in with RAW.

I have reached Pelennor Fields on the Alps to Ocean Cycle Trail on the travel thread here :
https://www.clubsnap.com/threads/pinholecam-from-alps-to-ocean-a-bicycle-photo-log.1719400/

Pelennor Fields
by jenkwang, on Flickr
Pentax K1+FA31ltd

Pentax has made a hell of a camera with the K1, but too bad the marketing about it is really bad.
I was up into snow line of the hills and it still worked, and the wind up there was so high as to be able to blow over my heavily loaded bike when I leaned it on a signage post.
The Dynamic Range was fantastic and many shots that I recall needed at least 2 exposures with K5, K30, now just need one with the K1, being able to simply pull the highlights and shadows back in with RAW.

Nice!

Pelennor Fields
by jenkwang, on Flickr
Pentax K1+FA31ltd

Fa31 + you =

20180512-IMGP5520-1
by jenkwang, on Flickr
Pentax K1+Laowa 12/2.8 (Haida 3 stops + black card technique).

The Laowa has the advantage of being an "A" lens for the K-mount version

20180517-IMGP5870_pano
by jenkwang, on Flickr

Image Shift Composition on the Pentax K1 does make it easier to get that extra bit on the bottom and top of the frame while keeping the camera level to avoid keystone distortions.
The Laowa 12/2.8 helps a lot in this respect too as its very low distortion for a UWA and good IQ allows for a easy stitch of the top and bottom frames.

Cabin in the Cosmos
by jenkwang, on Flickr
Pentax K1 +Samyang 14/2.8 (Astrotracer ON)

More from the Alps to Ocean Trail in New Zealand.

It was a long ride with quite a few long climbs and I was starting to have doubts about my booking for the night.
The accommodation was a distance away from the main town road (a one street town) and the additional climbing I had to do made me think if I made the right choice as the day was coming to an end.

However, when I arrived and saw the cabin, I was immediately energized.
A nice old school bus converted to a cabin with its own wood fireplace, cozy bed and kitchen.

Not to mention the photographic potential when the clouds blew off and the stars were revealed...

Astrotracer ON to prolong the exposure time at a lower ISO and then another exposure at a nice ISO200 to get everything in nice and sharp.
Add some light painting on the shadowed side with my bicycle light.
The K1 really shines here.

Just to share, FA20-35.

42594282362_2135a108db_z.jpg

Hi guys, can I ask where is the best place (of course I mean prices haha) to get a Pentax K1 in Singapore?

Cheers

Hi guys, can I ask where is the best place (of course I mean prices haha) to get a Pentax K1 in Singapore?

Cheers

depending whether you prefer a new one or used one. used ones can try in the BnS section. new ones can get from Alan Photo (Plaza Sing), Orient Photo etc, the usual gang.

Thanks Terry :) How much are new ones usually?