www.wix.com
2963830087_9817c9d674.jpg

Camera: Canon 400D
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 100 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Single off-shoe, front of subject, left side, bounced off wall.

So i was starting a mini project called the 365 day visual diary and this was the first shot i taken. It was taken using a 100mm macro lens with the focus on the pendant - thus the face appeared softer.

Please feel free to CnC on tone, lighting and composition and overall mood if this works for you.

the perspiration on the body seem to take attention away from the pendant. that is how i feel..

but overall, i like the b/w feel of the pic..

the perspiration on the body seem to take attention away from the pendant. that is how i feel..

but overall, i like the b/w feel of the pic..

Thanks for your comment.

Anyway thats sprayed water not sweat. Lol. :)

not a bad shot, i like the idea and the compositional arrangement here.

but why is the shirt lit up too? it distracts from the pentacle. should be kept darker.

also, there is a funny highlight in the bg in the top left - something that can be easily cloned away.

firstly, i could directly aligned my sight to what the title mentioned but on second look, the subject seems to take up far to little space for attention, much more of the collar could be cropped. otherwise, show more of your left chest

the burning/vignetting in this case wasn't exactly your standard i thought. it does resembles light shooting through a cookie creating a sort of pattern on yourself, if that was intended then how light falls on the clothes and how shadows will be casted are important in differentiating between it and a 2d grid layer pasted over the picture.

like what nightmare mentioned about the left corner, its distracting because its at the diagonal opposite of the subject that the eye is led to

jz my liang fen qian

The water doesn't look like sweat, and is quite obvious a spray...

i like it! good idea and feel to the picture:)

I love the idea behind this picture...and I want to get one of those pentacles for myself :p
However, I do wish that you can emphasize the pendant more...
Lot of ways to do this I guess,
1. Focus more light on it and less on the guy.
2. Close up more on the pentacle.
3. You could try to blur the background...think its called High Depth of field..or was it Low depth of field???dunno, never bothered with the technical terms. A bit blurry background with the pentacle appearing clear.
4. A zoom blur effect would look cool too.

But I still love the entire pentacle area...the shirt is just distracting. Lower left area is too bright.
Good try though.

3. You could try to blur the background...think its called High Depth of field..or was it Low depth of field???dunno, never bothered with the technical terms. A bit blurry background with the pentacle appearing clear...

It's called "shallow depth of field", not high or low. Makes sense right? Shallow means a shallower area in focus.

As mentioned by others, the bright patch at the top left is distracting.

Maybe a few too many droplets. If it was this wet, then the shirt should show some wetness/soaking thru effect.

But overall, i like this.

it does create a sense of the occult, esp with the dark hidden mysterious face ...

Hm nice idea/ concept...

maybe you could try PP - burning or vignetting the left half of the picture to mute the bright spots... then i'd be really great!

Status
Not open for further replies.