The Passion of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome awesome movie

you will leave the theatre in awe

I bought the movie's picture book.

The whole movie is one photographic masterpiece.

Everything is done to perfection.

Don't know whether it's sold in singapore.

FLiNcHY said:
awesome awesome movie

you will leave the theatre in awe

I bought the movie's picture book.

The whole movie is one photographic masterpiece.

Everything is done to perfection.

Don't know whether it's sold in singapore.

Yeah yeah i wanna get my hands on the book too!!! Heard it's very good!!! Dunno where to get it

NitroTech said:
Can't wait for the movie to be released. Anyone keen on watching?

:)

I am interested. Can't wait for it to open :D

From what I have heard with one of my friends he said you'ld not leave the cinema without crying. So I suggest anyone watching this movie to bring a towel. :bsmilie:

The movie is in Aramaic and Latin with English subtitles.

I just caught the movie whilst in Los Angeles a few days ago.

It starts off with Christ praying at the Mount of Olives and ends with a brief scene of the resurrection. I am not sure if the censors will have their way with the movie here but please be prepared for a lot of blood and frightening scenes of Jesus being flogged and crucified.

Luckily I had the whole front section of the cinema to myself because I was crying buckets (bring Kleenex). I thought the portrayal of the events were quite accurate. The beatings which Jesus endured before his crucification was heart wrenching to watch but I can just imagine it to be all true to life. It was indeed sad watching how both Jews and Romans could treat the Son of Man the way they did.

I am planning to watch it again, it's that good.

Yeah the part where Jesus was flogged was really very hard to watch. But i didn't cry.
haha

blood is commonground in movies.

Kill bill featured way more blood. Black hawk done was bloodily good.

Darn!!! Can't wait!!!! Think will go watch the charity premiere!!! 29th March!!! :rbounce:

Terence said:
I just caught the movie whilst in Los Angeles a few days ago.

It starts off with Christ praying at the Mount of Olives and ends with a brief scene of the resurrection. I am not sure if the censors will have their way with the movie here but please be prepared for a lot of blood and frightening scenes of Jesus being flogged and crucified.

Luckily I had the whole front section of the cinema to myself because I was crying buckets (bring Kleenex). I thought the portrayal of the events were quite accurate. The beatings which Jesus endured before his crucification was heart wrenching to watch but I can just imagine it to be all true to life. It was indeed sad watching how both Jews and Romans could treat the Son of Man the way they did.

I am planning to watch it again, it's that good.

know what you meant man...tears can't help falling for me too lor...its not really the blood lah..but more the whole process of torture that Christ endured...man...it touches deeply man...hope the S'porean censorship don'r kill off the movie...

May I ask if there are any Christians amongst any of you who are keen to watch the movie?

The reason why I could cry at some of the scenes was not because of the bloodshed and beatings but because I understand the love that the Lord have for all of us that he let his Son die on the cross for our sins. It was that act of sacrifice portrayed in the many frightening scenes of the film which touched me deeply. Reading about it in the bible is one thing but watching it done so graphically accurate is another all together.

For the poster who compares the spillage of blood to Kill Bill and Black Hawk Down, you need to get a perspective of the film's intended purpose. And that is to show the sacrifce which God laid down for all of us sinners.

Btw, the actual title of the film is The Passion of The Christ.

NitroTech said:
Darn!!! Can't wait!!!! Think will go watch the charity premiere!!! 29th March!!! :rbounce:
wah. you willing to pay $30, or $50, or $80 for a movie?
:bigeyes:

btw, I'm keen on watching it too. Just that it's too much to pay for a movie..

I think it would be a good show to bring our non-Christian friends to watch. Let them see how much God suffered for us. By saying non-Christian, I mean more towards the free-thinkers than Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists, as they might take offence that we're trying to 'psyco' them.

On another note, has anyone caught The Gospel of John? Recommend it?

Poledra said:
wah. you willing to pay $30, or $50, or $80 for a movie?
:bigeyes:

btw, I'm keen on watching it too. Just that it's too much to pay for a movie..

proceeds go to the Family Life Ministry. They are helping a lot preparing me for my church wedding, so I don't mind paying more.

They will help you too if you decide to hold your wedding in a church next time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.