The passer-by

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisho.

Apr 1, 2007
CSC_0114.jpg

This is my first few attempt into photography.
Tools.d80(13-135mm)with PP

Composition:Teenagers now go for the trend and street style and the old have been sometimes forgotten by these young Singaporeans.My aim is to capture teh perspective from these teenagers who just mere pass-by these shop houses, not appreciating the beauty and the oldies around them.

Mood:Surreal

I think the composition on the perspective do not work well with this photo.IMO i think it will be more meaningful if i add in young teenagers passing-by without even caring in the picture. I think this would further enhance the composition.

I would like to hear sincere comments and critics on the how to further improve this picture.

cheers,
Benjamin

A HDR edit with both the shophouses and sky being well exposed would be a better idea. As it is, the shophouses seems a lil too under-exposed and too dark. There seems to be a slight slant to the composition as well, you were probably taking it from a side instead of being perpendicular to the shophouses. Cheers,

hmmps a hdr .needa tripoid right.
i noted on taking it perpendicular.will try it next time i drop by chinatown again =D

cheers,
Benjamin

base on ur idea, u got too much sky and too little buildings and road.
the slant would work out ok with the road in place.
try using a smaller aperture with a tripod.

wat metering u using?

U can use CS2 Shadow/Highlight function to bring out the details in the shadow. Digi format pic can hold very good details in the shadow.:) Try it.:)

i noted on taking it perpendicular.will try it next time i drop by chinatown again =D

cheers,
Benjamin

Tools.d80(13-135mm)with PP

Composition:Teenagers now go for the trend and street style and the old have been sometimes forgotten by these young Singaporeans.My aim is to capture teh perspective from these teenagers who just mere pass-by these shop houses, not appreciating the beauty and the oldies around them.

Mood:Surreal

I think the composition on the perspective do not work well with this photo.IMO i think it will be more meaningful if i add in young teenagers passing-by without even caring in the picture. I think this would further enhance the composition.
Yes, there is no link with the title and the picture itself, I do not see any idea of "passerby", unless you are saying that it is taken by a teenager passing by, in which case since he cannot appreciate beauty he will not bother to take a shot.

Surreal feel is generally achieved, the probably is that the sky is a tad too washed out, and the buildings are a little underexposed - which can work if you intend the picture to be moody, but this is overdone, I cannot see anything with regards to the buildings.

So all in all, it simply looks like a moody picture with no real focus or common purpose - just a snapshot of shophouses with interesting PP. No offense meant.

As for the HDR thing, if you prefer relative sharpness you can either bracket your shots and then blend two pictures - one exposed for the sky, one exposed for the shophouses, OR you can use a GND filter. =)

haha,thanks for the cnc.hmmps not sure on the metering,i think it is taken with spot metering.
i have to agree with you nightmare. The shot indeed looks like a snapshop with no real focus.i will try bracketing the next time i walk pass =D.

cheers,
benjamin

cheers,
Benjamin

dont need tripod in the day. most of my hdr shots are handheld. bracket and hold shutter down will do :)

U can use CS2 Shadow/Highlight function to bring out the details in the shadow. Digi format pic can hold very good details in the shadow.:) Try it.:)

CSC_0114copy.jpg

i tried . and i think it looks more pleasing (mayb to me ).CnC pls

Although HDR will be much better, but this is still better than the original....If you want, you can copy just the shophouse to another layer and adjust the brightness (but if its noisy, then the noise will become obvious, u need to balance it:) )....and is the vignette at the bottom left original from cam or artificial?

i tried . and i think it looks more pleasing (mayb to me ).CnC pls

the vigntting is pp'ed.i love thoes keychain cam-D.alright i will try

Status
Not open for further replies.