The Overcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapooh

Mar 31, 2006
lil red dot
Hi this is my first post.. so pls handle me (and my heart) with care.. haha.

im currently using canon A400 Powershot, none of the big, bulky, black cameras u guys got. ): im working hard on getting a better cam. heard 350D is a gd choice for the poor student with frail arms. (DSLR can be quite heavy aye..) is that so? right now, i wld just do my best to optimize the point-and-shoot that i have.

and i have almost zero knowledge abt photoshop, (im the newest newbie of all) so i didnt do any DI. pls enlighten me on what shldve been done to make those shots a more pleasant one. tks in adv ! :)

The Overcast

this is a typical low-angle shot.

normally, the skies would be overcasted with clouds. instead, in this pic, it is depicted that we are overcasted by buildings, of gloominess and weariness.

The Clouds Are Brewing

hmm just thought the reflection to be interesting.. i choose to leave it in its raw form; the darkness illuminating the gloominess.

The Wicked Shadow #1

The Wicked Shadow #2

let me know which is a better angle.. tks :)

constructive criticisms are welcome.. im still learning.. please bear with me! :)

leejay

Deregistered
Sep 18, 2006
Not bad, man. Good shots. ;) Good observation of surroundings.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
hi kapooh,

welcome and good to see ur first post. :)

firstly some admin....pls try to post smaller sized pics in the future, i normally would recommend 640x480 pixels.

of the four pics u posted, i think the last one has the best artistic potential, would prefer to crop away the distracting foliage at the bottom to simplify and to accentuate the symmetrical element in the photo.

e.g.

cheers,
z.

kapooh

Mar 31, 2006
lil red dot
hi kapooh,

welcome and good to see ur first post. :)

firstly some admin....pls try to post smaller sized pics in the future, i normally would recommend 640x480 pixels.

of the four pics u posted, i think the last one has the best artistic potential, would prefer to crop away the distracting foliage at the bottom to simplify and to accentuate the symmetrical element in the photo.

e.g.

cheers,
z.
hihi tks for yr advice ! :)

haha sorry i was just using a standard photobucket cropping.. i wld take note of tt. yea i realize it's overwhelming huge that it's pretty hard to view the pics.

as for the last pic, is the colour slightly changed? if so, how did it benefit the pic?
and i thought of cropping away the foliage as well.. but now the building looks short in comparison. i kinda like the longiness it initially has.. hahaha. maybe with longer length it has greater contrast? just a quirky personal preference :p

i kinda like this photo too.. but im worried abt the cropping as well.. ): there's this disturbing obj (lamp?) at the corner of the glass.. if i crop away the angle of the glass is gone.. boo.

how shld i go abt it?

Andy Ang

Jan 10, 2006
Dreamy Nikon Land
Hey, try thinking of what you want to show in the pic. Show that, and nothing else.

More is Less & Less is More. More details = Less Focus. :sweatsm:

phantasia

Nov 9, 2003
The North
Visit site
Yoz,

Pretty good pics, as you're already trying out different angles...which is really the most important step...:thumbsup:

As what zaren mentioned, reduce your pic size smaller would help make your pics easier to view. Also learn to add a simple border which will make it look more pleasant.

Of the 4 pics you posted...i prefer the 1st one, which is a more standard composition, but the converging lines in the pics adds to the overall composition. Learn to pick up photoshop, its pretty essential for digital photography.

I took one photo of the war memorial couple of years back as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.