The Orchard Residence @ Ion

benedetto13

Nov 23, 2007
Bukit Batok
www.flickr.com
4879463890_40085bfa73_z.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Post Processing and Overall colour of the photo

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Honestly it was just a random shot out in town, wanted to take the whole of ion but it was a mess so i cropped it and found the lower half of the photo fills in nicely( the curve from Ion building) into the photo.

So my answer would be, to showcase this beautiful building, tall and mighty like how its value says it all.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Went to town with my girlfriend for some street photography and to catch National Day atmosphere. but i got this, which it took me awhile to consider posting it up.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Perhaps what i feel most lacking here is a Name for it. Like Ion name in it or the Orchard Residences.

Maybe i can add in myself? The Orchard Residence at the bottom left of the photo?

Thanks all in advance for viewing and critique.

The composition is ok.
The colours are ok.
But that's just about it, its only an ok photograph.

I would probably dial in 1/2 stop brighter for the shadowed portion at the top of the building, while retaining the blue sky. I didn't think the curve from the podium adds to the composition. In fact, I'd exclude the podium altogether. The bits of planting doesn't go well with the contemporary structure.

While I know that the perspective tilt cannot be eliminated totally, it certainly can be handled in a better manner. The angle of tilt are different on both sides of the building. That means you are rotating the camera to one side (to the left in this instance).

I would try a B&W conversion too.

I don't quite get what you mean by adding a name.