The ONLY E6 Lab in SINGAPORE !

It is been quite a while since I last shoot slide, about 2 years? Was quite disappointed when Fotohub stopped the Kodak Q-Lab processing at RGB, now even the Commonwealth lab is closed.

Happy to come to this thread and see that E6 processing is available. Will support once I get my stuff in place.

No physical address? Why only a postal mailbox address?

Well, maybe it is home based to save costs and reduce exposure to authorities for processing chemicals. Whatever the reason, has good service means good to support.

I think they are not a business so the home address they operating is privacy to them

Any comments/reviews on the E6 processing by Analog Film Lab? What is your average turnaround time? Was it properly done? Were there scratches on the film?

I am still waiting to get back the first roll of E6 I sent to them.

Hi, just have to chime in here. Analog Film Lab has been great to me and my film sent in. No complaints at all. Just to point out they are not running the films daily so have to factor in reasonable waiting time. Other than that Lo Sheng is a GOD sent to E6 shooters in Singapore.

No scratches so far. No Water/drying marks. No dirt or lint.

Just great!

just want to post here to show my appreciation to Analog Film Lab

got back from Bali and about a month ago..as i have some leftover slides so decided to shoot slides in Bali..to my horror when i come back and realised that there are no more places doing slides developing..luckily manage to get to know Analog Film Lab from clubsnap...so send my film to Analog and got it back quite soon..process has been smooth..

thanks Analog Film Lab!

Reactions: dontkaysiao
So darn happy!

Have a few boxes of 4x5 Velvia 50s and Fortia chromes that I can finally take out to shoot.

Losheng, here i come!!!!

Dear all, with the death of Photohub (slow death from RGB days), the only E6 in Singapore now is:

https://www.facebook.com/analogfilmlab

Do support LoShen and his lab.

Shoot at least 1 roll of E6 per month.

I did but he has badly damaged two rolls of precious film on two separate occasions and I have totally lost faith in his set up

Dear all, with the death of Photohub (slow death from RGB days), the only E6 in Singapore now is:

https://www.facebook.com/analogfilmlab

Do support LoShen and his lab.

Shoot at least 1 roll of E6 per month.

Where is the nearest lab to singapore please ? Analog lab has wrecked 2 rolls of precious fujichrome on separate occasions and I have totally lost faith in them

If you are not bothered about distance, there is a very good lab in Finland that does very good E6 development which I have personally used quite a lot.

If you are not bothered about distance, there is a very good lab in Finland that does very good E6 development which I have personally used quite a lot.

That's my answer ! Details please . Much appreciated

On behalf of Analog Film Lab, I would like to apologise to gtan, and we can totally understand his anger and frustration with us, just as we are with ourselves. We do treat our work very seriously, and we take a lot of pride in the accuracy of our processing. However, being a largely manual and craft based process, we have made our share of mistakes from time to time.

To provide a background on what has happened with the two incidents: in the first case, the processor halted the processing step at the First Developer stage, causing a over development of the film. Normally the processor would sound off an alarm when it encountered a situation, but this time, no alarm went off. This escaped our attention until it was too late. Since then, we activate a manual timer next to the processor when we fire off the processing, to sound off an alarm at the 6:15min mark to remind us to manually check that processor has moved on to the next stage correctly. The second incident happened when the reel that the roll was loaded didn't get rotated by the centre spindle. This caused only the film in the lower half of the reel to be developed. The result was that we were only able to salvage a fraction of the frames from the whole roll. Strangely, the other 4 rolls in the tank were processed correctly with no issues. We are not too exactly sure of the root cause, but we speculate that it might be due to the reels not being compacted tightly enough in the tank, causing the reel at the end to get stuck to the sidewall. In the future, we will give an additional push to compact the reels tighter, and check that the spindle rotates freely before kicking off the processing.

No amount of explanation and apology is going to ease the disappointment of losing precious memories captured on film. We know, because we are photographers ourselves. We treat everyone's film as preciously as we treat our own, so we get very upset with ourselves when we fail. There were numerous other very precious lessons that we have learnt over the years from other failings, and we are very grateful to have a very forgiving and understanding community that has helped us to come thus far. Whatever expertise that we have today is accumulated on layers of sweat and tears, both yours and ours. Even though we have done thousands of rolls, there are still going to be lessons that we will need to learn, and unexpected situations that we will need to deal with. While we cannot guarantee a zero defect future, we make every effort not to make the same mistake twice.

Thank you guys, for all your support, and we hope to be the high quality film resource that we set out to be.

ls

On behalf of Analog Film Lab, I would like to apologise to gtan, and we can totally understand his anger and frustration with us, just as we are with ourselves. We do treat our work very seriously, and we take a lot of pride in the accuracy of our processing. However, being a largely manual and craft based process, we have made our share of mistakes from time to time.

Thank you guys, for all your support, and we hope to be the high quality film resource that we set out to be.

ls

HI Lo Sheng

i think its good that you have come out to explain and i do understand that mistakes or errors in the process do happen from time to time...hope you can continue to keep up the good work..

Good to know there’s still place to develop slide. May I know the processing cost per roll? Does it include the mounting?
BTW, where can I still purchase slide film here locally in Singapore?
Thanks!

Good to know there’s still place to develop slide. May I know the processing cost per roll? Does it include the mounting?
BTW, where can I still purchase slide film here locally in Singapore?
Thanks!

check this page for the pricing (click on the printed form for the pricing)...all the info are inside :)