The odd one

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeTHaCk

Dec 8, 2004
Tampines
oddoneout.jpg

i was walking around the beach when i saw how irresponsible people can get just littering around. as you can see.. the milk carton is still fresh..

its like quite odd to me. a milk carton at the beach. normally people would expect a shell or a dead fish.. so i figure.. THe odd one out.it was like .. along the whole strech of the beach i walked.. this was the only one odd.. the milk carton..

also.. was in a gloomy mood.. Broke up with gf then and was shooting things that were out of place..

For comments and critiques please.

not photo editing. only resized and changed to jpeg fron nef.

I feel that i should crop more . comments and critiques needed to improve

ok.. now that you've provided the write-up its easier to relate..

great control of DoF.. dunno whether if you had this thought in mind, but like how the packaging diagram of the carton connects with the churning waves behind..

as you said how does it connect..

maybe its a failure to potray the waves being angry that such a thing is happening ( wave not high enough or i could have gone lower to take the pic? )

i wanted to take in a way the waves were like high to crush that carton .

maybe from my perspective as i look closely, its more of the waves trying to reach out to the milk carton

maybe some comments or something like editing the pic or point of views to improve would be great :)

I think your write-up gave the answers. It is an "odd one" because usually dead fish and broken shells and coral are found on a beach. But the picture does not show other objects to make the milk carton look out of place - perhaps relying too much on the audience's imagination? Re-take with other props around? One thing I noticed is the carton seems new so it probably wasn't washed ashore but might have been discarded there, and that might make it different from other objects typically washed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.