"the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
What do we make out with statement like this ("the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers") appearing more and more frequent in posts @CS Forums? Are all these bluffs or r u telling me that these ppl are serious about it?
And from my observation, these ppl are more often than not, professional and/or rich members. Is there really a need to give out such threats, in the first place? :dunno:
And the irony of this is that the threat usually came after statement like "you are not worth it."
.... so logically speaking if that guy is not worth a dime, then why is there a need to get a lawyer to engage him? :think:

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
What do we make out with statement like this ("the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers") appearing more and more frequent in posts @CS Forums? Are all these bluffs or r u telling me that these ppl are serious about it?
And from my observation, these ppl are more often than not, professional and/or rich members. Is there really a need to give out such threats, in the first place? :dunno:
And the irony of this is that the threat usually came after statement like "you are not worth it."
.... so logically speaking if that guy is not worth a dime, then why is there a need to get a lawyer to engage him? :think:
ask them to go ahead and sue lor
there are always counter measures

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
sounds like the tyranny of money :sticktong

learn to insult without insulting, scold without scolding, slap without using your hand. such is the online survival tactic that will see you through CS safely :angel:

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
sounds like the tyranny of money :sticktong

learn to insult without insulting, scold without scolding, slap without using your hand. such is the online survival tactic that will see you through CS safely :angel:
ah the deafining sound of silence

Dec 28, 2005
Singapore
Hi Canonised,

agree with ortega, if they do have a case, they would already have contacted their lawyers instead of resorting to pointless threats. Sticks and stones......

That statement is used commonly to intimidate people who don't know better. Having a lawyer on retainer is one thing, but justice is blind and is all about submiting proof. If they don't have a case, there is nothing they can do even if they have 100 lawyers.

So my response to that is: If they have a case, make it. If not, please bugger off ;)

Of course, it is always up individuals to carry out their transactions with integrity to avoid conflicts in the first place.

My 2 cents.

Bernard

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
Lawyer's fees is about $500 per hour. a case can drags for looooong time. can you afford their fees? is it worth to spent the money for small issues? Siao.

Just my 2 cent... dont sue me, I cant afford to engage a lawyer to defend me.

E500

Mar 21, 2006
CITY, Singapore
I regretted not studying LAW, photography makes me poorer...sigh

kcuf2

Dec 29, 2005
KFC
I regretted not studying LAW, photography makes me poorer...sigh
wedding photographers no bad wat... if u are the ok type, one day alone can get $2-3k or even more... somemore only shoot, dun need think so much like lawyers.

somemore its wedding, everyone good mood. If lawyers, u gota see ppl black face and quarrel everyday... shiok meh??

photographer is good! [aiya, to any1, grass anywhere is greener]

kitkat

Mar 5, 2005
Lawyer's fees is about $500 per hour. a case can drags for looooong time. can you afford their fees? is it worth to spent the money for small issues? Siao.

You may be sue for repeating the same post 3 times in a row. :bsmilie:

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Think people are taking example from their leaders....
this is a good one .......:sweatsm::sweat:

but it becomes a comedy when you get such response ......

"I very scare ahhhhh.... SUE ME PLEASE!!!!!!

You want my full particulars? I can fax one to you......":bigeyes:

E500

Mar 21, 2006
CITY, Singapore

wedding photographers no bad wat... if u are the ok type, one day alone can get $2-3k or even more... somemore only shoot, dun need think so much like lawyers.

somemore its wedding, everyone good mood. If lawyers, u gota see ppl black face and quarrel everyday... shiok meh??

photographer is good! [aiya, to any1, grass anywhere is greener]
Bro, I think you've missed out something...DeSwitch mentioned $500 per hour and good wedding photographer only $2-3K one day ...some more must climb up and down leh...I believe lawyers don't have to do that and sitting comfortably in the air-con room...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom