the next step

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trebor28

hello all...

I have been interested in photography and developing B@W for around 6 years now and feel ready to take the next step up in terms of equipment.

I currenly use a Nikon F50 and Fuji zoom digi cam, I am thinking about one of two ways to go with this hobby.

1) Get a Medium format camara and upgrade to a colour enlarger set up.

2) Upgrade to a DSLR such as Canon EOS10D.

But what i hope you can help me with is:
1) what is a good quality Medium format enlarger and what other equipment would you reccomend for working in colour?

2) iIf i choose to go with the digital option, is the 10D a good choice?

3) What sort of printer do you reccomend to get high quality prints?

any ways thanks for taking the time

Originally posted by trebor28
hello all...

I have been interested in photography and developing B@W for around 6 years now and feel ready to take the next step up in terms of equipment.

I currenly use a Nikon F50 and Fuji zoom digi cam, I am thinking about one of two ways to go with this hobby.

1) Get a Medium format camara and upgrade to a colour enlarger set up.

2) Upgrade to a DSLR such as Canon EOS10D.

But what i hope you can help me with is:
1) what is a good quality Medium format enlarger and what other equipment would you reccomend for working in colour?

2) iIf i choose to go with the digital option, is the 10D a good choice?

3) What sort of printer do you reccomend to get high quality prints?

any ways thanks for taking the time

If medium format versus DSLR like the 10D, of course medium format is the way to go.. but you can't compare a 10D, more like a EOS 1Ds.

Can't answer ur questions 1 & 2 as I dun own them, but for qns 3, what sizes are you goin up to? A3? or larger? Epsons line of printers are good. One of the best colours I have seen around in fact. Again what is you budget. They can cost anything from $1000 - $20000.

Again if it's smaller than A3, most printers nowadays are quite good. It's a matter of colour profiling and calibrating to get a good print and ink cartidge economy that should be factored into ur consideration

Urm just a curious question. Why not the Nikon D100, that way you can reuse your current lenses and flash. Wouldn't that be a money saving consideration?

must be honest did not think of a nikon d100, that would be a good way to save money.

Just that I have heard good things about the Canon and have not seen much about the nikon. Does anybody here use one and would you recomend one?

thanks

also what lenses u using?...thats a consideration factor that may make u stick to ur nikon system:light:

I am at work, i can not remember what lenses I have. I usually use my digi cam because I normally dont want to wait to see my pictures.

I can take my digi cam to work and look at them on my computer.

I only have a couple of lenses for my F50 and they are only low cost lenses , i would want to upgrade to better optics as what is the point of having a £1,500+ camara if the lens is going to let it down

Got $$$ then go BUY BUY BUY

good for U and good for singapore economy :thumbsup:

Remember to SPEND SPEND SPEND ok ;)

I like spending (who doesn't?) money on nice new gadgets and equipment.

Guess I`m still a kid at heart.

think I might but a Korean make of camara (just kidding...)

Status
Not open for further replies.