The next FZ series... Rumours???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethkoo

Jan 28, 2007
Hey all,

Here is a FZ30 user and I am really yearning for an upgrade. Maybe the next FZ series is FZ60? (Don't think I will upgrade to FZ50, for obvious reason...)

Some people from other forums said that FZ series might be discontinued and that worried me. If they do not come out with a next FZ model, I will be like so dead cos dSLR stuff is not in my budget.

Anyone has any news on it?

So far no.. they may or may not come up with an upgrade so soon...

Probably 18x zoom with iA capability?

That will largely depend on the pricing of the L10 DSLR I'd reckon when its released here(and fully released worldwide). If the pricing is largely similar to the FZ50 and sales are brisk, chances are the higher end FZ series will be replaced entirely by the L10 or other lower end Panasonic DSLRs. This will leave the consumer electronics side to concentrate on the superzoom series (TZ, FX, FZ18 etc). Anyway, we'll find out by the end of the current FZ 50 product cycle which will be either middle to 3rd quarter of 2008, by then the L10 would've been in the market and Panasonic would have enough sales data to decide (IMO).:)

the current structure and hw the fz50 is its hardware is great, they just hav to settle the noise problem and i am willin to change even the price is high, they really hav to address the noise to do justice to the leica lens and the engineers who does the body

Seriously having a L10 is not cheap...

I do not know how the others feel, but somehow FZ camera catches a certain market, just like handphones which do not have camera, that will target a certain group.

But somehow I got the guts feeling that they will not purposely solve the noise problem. If they do so, what's the market for their dSLR cameras then?

Just like lightbulbs, they can actually last over half a century being lighted 24/7 and it will not cost alot to make it. But cos the companies want to earn, they make it less durable so that all of us will buy their stuff after, half a year maybe?

the best is we know some big bosses from panasonic singapore or japan and tell them the user's concern hehehe

the best is we know some big bosses from panasonic singapore or japan and tell them the user's concern hehehe
what makes you think that they do not know about it? there are limitation in everything, its not like we tell them panny is noisy, and they can solve it in a few days time or even the next model... if it is as simple as that, you probably be already looking at noiseless ISO25600 with superb clarity... :sweat:

I sure hope FZ will be discontinue. So everyone will not continue to have false hope.

Sure hope we can just accept it is the fact of life that it is not possible for any consumer and prosumer camera to have the kind of noise control (like DSLR).

To Stuff more MP in the same image sensor, sure have one ma!......

I can hear so much noise when I over eat. Logic ma!

Until there is a breakthrough in image sensor... So Stay tune. :D

but then in dslr, you won't find such a gd zoom range tat is a plus plus

Can't dispute. That is what I really like about it. The handling and the Zoom. Can't really care much about the noise though cos can't have everything.

Dont mind owning one again. :bsmilie:

but then in dslr, you won't find such a gd zoom range tat is a plus plus

You can if you pay :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Seriously the zoom for FZ50 is really good for the price... Anyway L10 seems to have RRP of $1999 for the kit according to today's digital life.

Anyway L10 seems to have RRP of $1999 for the kit according to today's digital life.

MS Color quoted me S$1688 for the L10 kit the last time I checked.

What all PnS manufacturers should do is drop the mp count to 6, limiting the zoom to 5x, and allow the option to turn off noise reduction.

But of course that will eat into DSLR sales... ;p

perhaps the fz series can evolve into a evf-interchangeable lens camera... perhaps big enough just to support the 4/3s mount but tiny enough to be carried everywhere and is perfectly silent.

but then again the whole point of fz series is that wonderful chunk of a lens. :think:

perhaps the fz series can evolve into a evf-interchangeable lens camera... perhaps big enough just to support the 4/3s mount but tiny enough to be carried everywhere and is perfectly silent.

but then again the whole point of fz series is that wonderful chunk of a lens. :think:
:dunno: might as well get the olympus or L10 with liveview... to have a sensor so big (4/3 in this case) would make the whole camera bulking as the lens needs to be also big enough to cover the whole sensor...

That will largely depend on the pricing of the L10 DSLR I'd reckon when its released here(and fully released worldwide). If the pricing is largely similar to the FZ50 and sales are brisk, chances are the higher end FZ series will be replaced entirely by the L10 or other lower end Panasonic DSLRs. This will leave the consumer electronics side to concentrate on the superzoom series (TZ, FX, FZ18 etc). Anyway, we'll find out by the end of the current FZ 50 product cycle which will be either middle to 3rd quarter of 2008, by then the L10 would've been in the market and Panasonic would have enough sales data to decide (IMO).:)

L 10 cost about 1680 ~ 1850

being a ex FZ30 user, i do hope that Panasonic can do something like the Sony R1 concept. have a FZ series with the 12x zoom + 4/3 sensor. this should be a good solution to the noise and noise reduction problem of the FZ series. the handling of the FZ30 is so good :thumbsup:

the R1 had a APS-C sensor and it wasn't that much bigger than the FZ30. and the 4/3 sensor is just a little smaller than APS-C so it might just work.

being a ex FZ30 user, i do hope that Panasonic can do something like the Sony R1 concept. have a FZ series with the 12x zoom + 4/3 sensor. this should be a good solution to the noise and noise reduction problem of the FZ series. the handling of the FZ30 is so good :thumbsup:

the R1 had a APS-C sensor and it wasn't that much bigger than the FZ30. and the 4/3 sensor is just a little smaller than APS-C so it might just work.
They have already done it, the solution is called Lumix L1 + Leica D VARIO-ELMAR 14-150mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./ MEGA O.I.S.

but well, with all that, the price WILL NEVER be near the same as any current fz

They have already done it, the solution is called Lumix L1 + Leica D VARIO-ELMAR 14-150mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./ MEGA O.I.S.

but well, with all that, the price WILL NEVER be near the same as any current fz

not quite, the L1 and L10 are dslrs so its not in the same league as the R1.

if the next FZ does have the same trademarks such as 4/3 sensor, evf and fixed lens with a price around the same range as the E410, i would gladly buy it as a travel camera.

not quite, the L1 and L10 are dslrs so its not in the same league as the R1.

if the next FZ does have the same trademarks such as 4/3 sensor, evf and fixed lens with a price around the same range as the E410, i would gladly buy it as a travel camera.
like i say, other than not able to change lens and also evf, the rest are just the same... which also mean the price will not be anywhere close to current fz...
for the price, i guess most would rather get a olympus dSLR or the L10/L1
the size would also be quite alot bigger, just take a look at most of the 18-200, they alone are heavier than even the fz50 iirc, even with a smaller sensor like 4/3 they will weight almost the same as the fz50, and those weight are excluding the body/batt... etc
having said that, you probably get f2.8-4.5 thats the best i can estimate.
Just a simple comparison, the leica 14-150 for 4-third is weighting at 520g with a aperture of a normal F3.5-5.6 and a 72mm filter thread

personally, i would spend the $ for even the R1, at 1.5k+ (iirc) i rather get the e410 or e510. Im not saying that it will not be selling, but will the demand/profit be higher than the R&D spent?

Status
Not open for further replies.