The New Paper Big Walk Nikon Shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Calling out all Nikon users, regardless you are using the film SLR, DSLR or Coolpix, this shall be one of the biggest shootout for you. Be one of the expected 300 strong Nikon photographers and come join the 75,000 crowd in the Newpaper Big Walk. Shoot those expressions of the walkers, as well as the Nikon photographers, and win big prizes. Yes, you shall get to win one of those dream lenses. Bring out your shooting gear, don the free Nikon yellow shirt and be part of the shootout. This is also a good time for you to meet fellow Nikon users, and shall be one of the biggest gathering of Nikonians, all dressed in yellow.

Date : 22nd May 2005
Venue : National Stadium
Registration deadline : 12th May 2005
Registration venue : The Photographic Society of Singapore or ClubSNAP

NP Big Walk Nikon Shootout Competition
Capture those expressions of joy, triumph, sorrow and tiredness of the crowd of Big Walkers and stand to win one of these dream lenses to add to your arsenal of lenses.

1st Prize
Nikkor Lens AF-S 17~55mm*f2.8 DX Lens
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Dry Cabinet
Valued at approx S$3560

2nd Prize
AF-S 12~24mm*f4 DX Lens
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Dry Cabinet
Valued at approx S$2470

3rd Prize*******
AF-S 10.5mm*f2.8 DX Fisheye Lens
Nikon Speedlight SB600
Dry Cabinet
Valued at approx S$1810

10 Consolation Prize of Pelican look alike case
Valued at approx S$150

PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES

The photographer MUST wear the Nikon yellow shirt to take part in the photography competition and be proud to be part of the big Nikon contingent.

The photographers shall not obstruct the route of the walkers.

The photographers are expected to conduct themselves well and not harass the walkers.

The photographers are responsible for their well being and safety and will not hold the organizing committee or the organization responsible for any incident or injuries which may occur.

The Yellow shirt shall be collected personally at a stipulated date and time.

The acknowledgement slip must be presented to the registration counter on 22 May to be eligible for the lucky draw.

Important Dates for Nikonians

12 May 2005 - Closing date for registration
17 to 19 May 2005 - Collection of attractive Nikon Yellow shirt
22 May 2005 - Big walk
27 May 2005 - Closing date for entries submission
26 June 2005 - Results of competition

Big Walk Shootout program

There will be Nikon checkpoints, reachable by the Nikon buses along the stipulated routes, where you can conduct your photoshoot. You are free to choose your favourite location which need not be at the Nikon checkpoints. You are strongly encouraged to do some site survey before the Big Walk. The map is attached.

There will be early bird draw on the day of the Big Walk. All Nikonians who wear the Yellow shirt and register at the starting point shall stand a chance to win one of the five Coolpix 8400. There will be draw for all participants who stand a chance to win one of the 100 Nikon umbrellas and caps. The draw shall be conducted on the same day at 10.30am.

Program on 22 May 2005

6am - Registration starts at start point
6.30am - Registration closes
7am - Start of Big Walk (Nikon shuttle bus service begins)
10am - Collection of Nikon goodie bag at start point
11am - Lucky draw for Nikon 8400
Lucky draw for Nikon umbrellas and caps (to collect at Nikon Booth)
11.30am - End of program

Note: Program is subject to change. Please check back frequently for updates.

Discussion threads in ClubSNAP
- http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=129794
- http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=129674

signed up already but dunno got selected or not. do you when will the result be out?

ooops! i meant do you know when will the results be out?

pardon my typing skills...... i don't hv gd skils...ooops again. hehehehe

Two more days to go to register. Hurry! Hurry!

Aiyo..... Why Nikon only.... Canon users how ah??? ;p

photografixed said:
so how???? any news on the selected photographers?????
That information is captured by Nikon Singapore, and currently, we do not know who has been selected.

Will check with Nikon Singapore to see if they are willing to share the names of the selected photogs here.

Last Day To Register... At Nikon Web Site....

:rbounce::rbounce::rbounce:

Hey fellas, i just got notification from Nikon that i'm in. Anyone else?

eikin said:
everyone who registered is in! ;) see you there

Really? Hahahaha...buggers made it seem like there was some selection process involved. Sheesh. Hai wo shui bu zhao.
:bsmilie:

Hi, I am new here...how to recognise people from clubsnap? the rules doesn't state that we cannot use other cameras to shoot ?!?!

You can use any camera to shoot, but only Nikon cameras produced images will be allowed to participate in the Nikon's Big Walk contests.

And yes, it's stated on the front page of the registration that it's opened to Nikon camera users ONLY.

I was selected as well.

Dear all,

The T-Shirts would be ready from 19/5/2005 onwards.

Cheers

darn it.. i still haven received any notifications.... whao lao... i cannot sleep liao leh..... *kan chiong kan chiong...*

glennyong said:
darn it.. i still haven received any notifications.... whao lao... i cannot sleep liao leh..... *kan chiong kan chiong...*

Why don't you call them and ask? They have a long list of registered photog.

Status
Not open for further replies.