The New Paper Big Walk 2006... Irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbespeleta

Apr 28, 2006
Bedok
Happened to see this yesterday...I wasn't there for the Nikon Big Walk, since im a canon user, but was there to join the fun...and my Nikon user peers...while walking along Nicholl Highway, I happen to see this Nikon Big Walk participant...Its very ironic that the photography contest is open only to Nikon Camera users, but this photographer didn't even care, I guess. ;)

No offense to him, but I find this shot of mine amusing because of the irony...
large

oops...im sorry...just a new member...so can you guide me where i can post this?

thank you so much... :)

Your exif show is shot with a canon 10D??:dunno:

I shot this ....

Irony 1, I shot with my Canon.

Irony 2, she is my daugther.....

;p

Picture_065a.jpg

Hi Canon Users, shall we be there next year?

fbespeleta said:
oops...im sorry...just a new member...so can you guide me where i can post this?

thank you so much... :)

This is coffee-shop talk, so I'll let u go figure out where to post this. Pretty obvious.;)

i think this one is no big issue what... i have seen people using both on the day itself ?? so nothing of a big who-ha on whos the sponsors and etc etc...

anyway. i am curious. u said the contest is open for nikon camera owners. but why do u say the photographer didnt care i guess?

anyway. even at the big walk , theres SOME nikonians who didnt even have proper ethnics when shooting at all. and i really mean it... totally disgusted by them...

i wun say who, i wun say his name. i dun know him and i only know he is very very poor in ethnics.

anyway... the most impt thing is that everyone must have fun there. but not at the expense of other's .....

glennyong said:
i think this one is no big issue what... i have seen people using both on the day itself ?? so nothing of a big who-ha on whos the sponsors and etc etc...

anyway. i am curious. u said the contest is open for nikon camera owners. but why do u say the photographer didnt care i guess?

anyway. even at the big walk , theres SOME nikonians who didnt even have proper ethnics when shooting at all. and i really mean it... totally disgusted by them...

i wun say who, i wun say his name. i dun know him and i only know he is very very poor in ethnics.

anyway... the most impt thing is that everyone must have fun there. but not at the expense of other's .....
wah wah..so what happened???

glennyong said:

what does this mean, didnt have proper ETHNICS??

that should be ethics, right? A set of principles of right conduct.

u mean some nikonioans were fooling around?

glennyong said:

Please do elaborate....

glennyong said:
Was it someone with a yellow tinted glasses?:dunno:

hotshot said:
Hey tats me on the left :p

I was there too, but as a walker and not as a photographer :)

i was there too doing shooting back at all the nikonians.. ahhah

zac08 said:
Please do elaborate....

knpan said:
u mean some nikonioans were fooling around?

Aiyah all this is fairly commonly at these kinda events... photographers blocking the track despite repeated request to CLEAR OFF so that the race can begin, shooters going INTO people's paths to capture those in yr face moments, shooters harassing little kids like the paparazzi, shooters taking photos of people in compromising positions (ie after they fall down etc.), photographers rushing onto the track after the start horn is blown to shoot those "starting moments of the race shots", causing participants to swerve to avoid them etc. I can write a whole list of them...in short: They do not respect the rules and regulations set down by the organisers. They do what they want, thereby causing inconvenience to others and endangering themseleves and those around them

Same thing at last yr's Samsung Inline Skating Challenge. Nothing new... such people will always be there. Whats to elaborate.... if u attended any of these races/events you'll def see such "rogue" photographers. No need to act like its some NFK scandal that's so shocking and unexpected. :)

And fooling around? Please they're not 10 year old kids running around screaming & playing catching /hide & seek. That's not the term to use.

solarii said:
photographers blocking the track despite repeated request to CLEAR OFF so that the race can begin, shooters going INTO people's paths to capture those in yr face moments, shooters harassing little kids like the paparazzi, shooters taking photos of people in compromising positions (ie after they fall down etc.), photographers rushing onto the track after the start horn is blown to shoot those "starting moments of the race shots", causing participants to swerve to avoid them etc. [/B]

Next time lets purposely bang into the photographer who does those (but make it look like it was an accident) and try to make sure some kind of equipment-damage happens ;) That ought to teach them a lesson (I mean, experience) they wont forget.

Next time film who dashes out into the track at the starting moment, showing their face. Then event organiser can ban them for life loor.

Status
Not open for further replies.