The New Papaer Announcement Ads

We'll just use www.clubsnap.com

Do not put any of this in FaceBook page for now until it is finalize.

I will write something tomorrow as I just finish work
btw is there anyway to go a redirection of url? the above url is too long to type and doesn't look appealing.
and do we need to put in our Facebook page as well?

I will write something tomorrow as I just finish work
btw is there anyway to go a redirection of url? the above url is too long to type and doesn't look appealing.
and do we need to put in our Facebook page as well?
I have been trying to write something that refers and congratulates ClubSNAP for the 10th anniversary, but mine look too formal and cheesy.

Did you manage to come up with anything? Separately, I am also drafting a press release at Simon's request which can/will be more wordy and incorporate a lot more information on what we were, what we have done and perhaps where we are going.

TNP_Ad-011.jpg
This looks really good and once we can find some short congratulatory message without sounding too cheesy to replace the lorem text, i believe it's as good as gold.

Example Congratulatory message :-

Celebrating 10 years of fostering community amongst photography enthusiasts, hobbyists and professionals alike, ClubSNAP has come a long way since our humble beginnings. We thank our loyal members, contributors, affiliates and business partners for their unwavering support and contributions as we collectively look ahead to future growth and continued success.

Example Congratulatory message :-

Celebrating 10 years of fostering community amongst photography enthusiasts, hobbyists and professionals alike, ClubSNAP has come a long way since our humble beginnings. We thank our loyal members, contributors, affiliates and business partners for their unwavering support and contributions as we collectively look ahead to future growth and continued success.

Good to go, short sweet and simple.

I will go to iphoto tomorrow to secure the ad sponsor. Thanks

I just need Darren to give iphoto a one month free trial as advertiser in the virtual sotre

some grammatical edits

1. "a two full-day event" should read as "for two full days of events" or "for two full days of activities'

2. point 1) "Photography Talk and Workshop" should read as "Photography Talks, Workshops and Photowalks"
or similar

3. "...our 180,000 strong photography community members for their active participation and support over the last..." should read as" .... our more than 170,000 strong photographers' community of for their active participation, support and contributions over the last..."

4 "...keen support towards the advancement in the art and science of photography all these years" should read as "....keen support towards the advancement in the art and science of photography through the years"

just suggestions ..... any english grammar teachers in here ?

suggested edits;

7047849579_a5768b5512_o.jpg

There should only have 5 event sponsors ie. canon, nikon, shriro, olympus and fujifilm.

The rest should not be categorised as event sponsors, if not there will be alot of questions asked by the 5 major sponosrs.

The reset should be just partners or some other terms.

Another point - while we publish in the papers to welcome the public to the free talk and when they turn up, we tell them that it admission is thru registration? hence they cannot attend? something not right here.

Last edited:
Another point - while we publish in the papers to welcome the public to the free talk and when they turn up, we tell them that it admission is thru registration? hence they cannot attend? something not right here.

instead of "come and participate...", we can say "come, register and participate...."

i hope the thick black keyline will not be there when the ad is published, after all it is a full page ad right?

remove "event sponsors" and replace with "Our Heartiest Congratulations"

Last edited:
Depending on when the ad is out.

By the time ad is out, registration who have been oversubscribed and closed

then instead of saying, "ClubSNAP welcomes you to come and participate in free programmes...", we can say, "ClubSNAP is organising free programmes...."

by scanning/clicking on the weblink, people will learn that they need to register for the events, and they will also know whether the events are fully subscribed already.

There should only have 5 event sponsors ie. canon, nikon, shriro, olympus and fujifilm.

The rest should not be categorised as event sponsors, if not there will be alot of questions asked by the 5 major sponosrs.

The rest should be just partners or some other terms.

The rest can be "Partners" or "Supporters"

The logo size of the 5 event sponsors should also be twice as large as the logos of the rest.

"(Registrations required for talks . Sign Up and log into clubsnap.com)"

Simon.... sorry but I DO have to nag at you about getting that event registration module up and running asap... next 14 days before event weekend is going to be a registration nightmare

Or do we just open up to public without registrations required?

Hi Eddie,

Simon spoke to me earlier about the registration module and unfortunately, we won't be able to get anything like what we want up in time - the development time is too long.

I suggest we use the eventzilla.com event registration site for the time being, and I will make it a priority to get a registration system up within this year. Apologies for not being able to meet the requirements, but development to integrate with the VBulletin software is not as simple as it looks.

"(Registrations required for talks . Sign Up and log into clubsnap.com)"

Simon.... sorry but I DO have to nag at you about getting that event registration module up and running asap... next 14 days before event weekend is going to be a registration nightmare

Or do we just open up to public without registrations required?