The New E-400 pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
nightpiper said:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=19981991

found this thread in dpreview. the rumours r real & its published in the mag, most importantly, it looks very promising. :) i'm surprise to see a 14-42 kit lens bundled. now juz a little more patient & wait for the full review. :D

the grip is a little flat and the distance of the shutter button to the grip may be too great though.... In all, the design quite nice. Love the E-3 design. yup, let's be patient and see how it performs. If the build of the 14-42 lens is good(and the image quality too), i may consider that lens.

Wow, it looks very nice huh? Almost too cute and pocketable. It will be fantastic for travel use and I bet that the 14-42mm kit lens is redesigned to be tiny. I will get one if it has the same CCD-shift image stabilisation as the mju 750 as rumoured.

Here is a re-processed image to see it more clearly:
e-400.jpg

The shape of the hand grip look a bit like the C8080 hand grip.:)

tao said:
Wow, it looks very nice huh? Almost too cute and pocketable. It will be fantastic for travel use and I bet that the 14-42mm kit lens is redesigned to be tiny. I will get one if it has the same CCD-shift image stabilisation as the mju 750 as rumoured.

Here is a re-processed image to see it more clearly:
e-400.jpg
What are the rumours? Does it have Live View also?

tao said:

wah tao, u so on nthe ball!! retouch the image!! :thumbsup: thx.

what i find strange is that this kit lens is about the same standard as the 14-45mm lens & if my eyes r not playing tricks, its a F3.5 - 5.6 on the pic, so why not the older 14-45 for a little longer reach?

hi snapperkid, its a little too early to say if the grip is too small. such ergonormics is best reserve for comments when hands-on 'done'. :) but i must agree that its petit size is good for mobile purposes. btw, how u know E-3 will also be based on this design? u got some inside news? :) share share lah... (pssst... PM me)

no live view for this one, i think its to replace the 'old' E500. :bsmilie:

umm... wonder why there are so many people in the Oly sub-forum at this time.... 51 CSers at the moment.... could it be due to this thread ? :think:

hahahaha!!!

well, supposedly the 14-42 was made to be small!!! to match with the E-400.

No liveview...may defeat the purpose as a ladies's cam. Blu had a hard time teaching mrs to frame a shot thru the eyecup. Finally gave up and now using the E-330, what a breeze. :D

A good compact size like the classic OM-1...??

nightpiper said:
btw, how u know E-3 will also be based on this design? u got some inside news? :

oops... should be E400... was thinking of the E3 at the time of typing...:sweat: no live view... so bad

It is to be expected since it would be impossible to fit the porro-mirror system and 2nd CCD into such a small body.

its a traditional SLR design, but still good for capturing beautiful memories. :)

some leaks has it that its a 10MP cam with 3fps & new speedy processor engine. its will also do continuous shoot in jpg till the mem card is full. however i have no news if its using SD/CF card & the sensor manufacturer. my guess is... it'll be a NMOS. :think:

anyway, juz take all these specs with a pinch of salt. :lovegrin:

aiyah... where is the replacement for E-1?? waiting until heart pain liao ah.. haizz :cry:

Two new Olympus Four Thirds lenses will be introduced with the E-400 at its launch: the EZ-1442 ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 (equiv. to 28-84mm on a 35mm camera), which is perfect for standard applications, and, for more magnification power there is the EZ-4015-2 ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 (equiv. to 80-300mm on a 35mm camera).

Picture at http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/10172/olympus_e400/ (scroll 2/3 down page)

Cheers,

Wah, finally a small camera. But initial thoughts are: Will it not be unwieldy to put on a big lens on such a small camera. My E-300 has problems to focus fast under low light. Does anyone know whether there will be an improvement in this dept?

It looks like the E-400's got liveview, look at the live vew button at the back! If that's the case, the sensor might be a new panasonic liveMOS sensor? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.