The "moving" effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeemilk

May 5, 2007
people_moving_grand_central1.jpg

I'm like photography and want to improve.

I tried to make my photos that make the people appears to be "moving" or rushing like the photo above.

How do i change the setting? I use a Sony CyberShot DigiCam 5.1 Megapixels.
And what is this effect called?

Thank you.

I don't know if there is any special name for this. This is a result of using a slow shutter speed with your camera on tripod. Just set the shutter speed on the camera to perhaps 1/10 or longer, set your camera on tripod, and you will get this effect.

Thank you.

Actually i dont really know "shutter", sorry.

Is it Multi-burst?

hmm no its the speed of the shutter.U see a no which looks something like 1/60s,1/80s something like tat.the bigger this 1/60 value is the faster the shutter speed

hi coffeemilk, i suggest you pick up a book to read about the basics of photography to understand the differences between the the basics of photography.

photography is the painting of light

you want light to hit your film/digital sensor to record it.

Shutter is like a door to open for the film/sensor to expose and record it.

To achieve the effect of "moving" you open the shutter "aka door" long enough so when the people is moving, your film/sensor is recording.

that is how you get the effect you want.

in order to get a sharp background you need more tools to help you like placing your camera into something more stable than your hands. Some use a tripod, go find out what it is. Next some use the camera timer to open "the door" Shutter after you press the button to shoot.

I believe it's called motion blur.

your camera has to have some sort of manual control over the shutter speed to achieve this effect. Check your camera manual if it can be done.

actually since u are using a simple P&S i dun think u can adjust the shutter, mayb u can try to turn off ur flash. since the location, in the picture, is so dark ur camera prob. expose longer so you will get this motion blurring. worth a try i guess the person who took this picture also did not use flash ;)

Thank you.

Actually i dont really know "shutter", sorry.

Is it Multi-burst?

Can you tell us the EXACT model of your cam? There are many, many Sony Cybershot cams.

actually since u are using a simple P&S i dun think u can adjust the shutter

Many P&S cams can adjust the shutter. We just need to know what exact model he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.