++the Morrigan++

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildolly

Jul 27, 2003
Singapore
sassystrawberry.com
test studio shoot :) We're still pretty new to the sword, so need feedback and suggestions for the poses and stuff. =D thanks! comments please =)

Photography by Timber
Post-processing by evildolly
special thx to fantom for his tips on where to get the sword
morrigan0101_copy.jpg

morrigan0123.jpg

morrigan0136.jpg

morrigan0113.jpg

morrigan0111.jpg

morrigan0114_copy.jpg

morrigan0086.jpg
:)

Nice shot .. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .. but if the sword can be seen on pics #4 #5 n #6 well be perfect .. :D

good pics but may need more lighting

wow. very nice series of shots :thumbsup::thumbsup:
i will prfer if the last shot, the sword is resting on the ground rather den holding up.

ooohh.... nice shoulders! :lovegrin:

the lighting is moody, good choice. but what is "a morrigan"? :dunno:

somehow i think #5 has a little "orr bak kak" to it... :sweat:

The Morrigan is a goddess of battle, strife, and fertility. Her name translates as either "Great Queen" or "Phantom Queen," and both epithets are entirely appropriate for her.

evildolly said:
The Morrigan is a goddess of battle, strife, and fertility. Her name translates as either "Great Queen" or "Phantom Queen," and both epithets are entirely appropriate for her.

I thot it was xena :dunno: :lovegrin:

Anyway I lov #3 and #7 ... whose the model? she has a very calm personality

Nice sword and very pretty model (but like not very tall!) :)

Reminds me of the movie "Blade". Would it be better if the models have some tattoo on her body or face?

Dolly is too pretty to be a warrior. Her divinely charm surpass the hard cold steel and her looks alone is more than enough to kill. :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

very nice concept u have there but somehow, hmmz, the sword doesnt seems to go very well with the model. The sword looks as if it's too heavy for the model.Sword in the last few pic like #6 cant be seen clearly?

I love the mood in #7 though.

It's cool to see u guys trying out extraordinary concepts though, keep up the good work!

No offence, only comment ;)
Ordinaryless

Nice shot! IMHO, I think it might be better to hold the sword with both hands in the first picture.

As for the 2nd one the pose doesn't really seem to go with the direction where the sword is pointing. The result might be better if the sword is pointing upward.

Picture #3, no offence but this pose do looks weird to me :sweatsm:

y0ngcheng said:
wow. very nice series of shots :thumbsup::thumbsup:
i will prfer if the last shot, the sword is resting on the ground rather den holding up.

Like "Feng Yun"? :D

sujj said:
I thot it was xena :dunno: :lovegrin:

Anyway I lov #3 and #7 ... whose the model? she has a very calm personality

Haha..... that's a slim down version of Xena :bsmilie:

Timber said:
here's 2 more:

Haha.... pic #8 gives me an impression that she is an untra slim warrior :bsmilie:

For #9, I would suggest holding the sword with both hands and parallel to the ground level. The pose of the left hand looks weird by just hanging there.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe I watched too much of these movies liao :sweatsm:

hmm. the idea is good, the concept is good, the lighting is good, but the execution fails badly.

1. the sword

it is really too big for dolly. sort of doesn't match her (ren2 pei4 jian4, jian4 pei4 ren2.. ever heard of it ?). also it doesn't really match the outfit well.

2. holding the sword

very unnatural. the way the sword is held isn't natural enough. if you've taken a look at "super icon vol.1" - the pictorial book created by leslie kee who'd shot a whole long series of Kill Bill director Quentin Tarantino welding a sword, you'll see what's the difference between holding a sword naturally and unnaturally (check it out to see what i mean.. this has nothing to do with the sword matching the person or not.)

okay, one may argue that yes the sword used by Tarantino is a simple bladed design, while this is a huge a.la. "Feng yun" type weapon. refer to feng yun comics on how to hold such a huge weapon correctly then.

3. posing with the sword

very unnatural. again, refer to the Leslie Kee pictorial. (it's still available at borders if i'm not wrong.) too much emphasis has been placed on the sword. as much as this whole series is about a person welding a weapon, the amount of emphasis placed on the weapon is too much.

as such, the focus of the picture is now blurry - sword, or model ? model, or sword ? sometimes it's very hard to tell which is the proper focus. for e.g., pic #1 (nice lighting, nice red eyes, nice PS) - holding unnatural, emphasis on sword or model - unknown, resulting in unnatural pose.

it would be best that "man" (or "woman") and "sword" become one... "man(woman) and sword". that would be a successful shoot because everything will then be natural. however i know reality and execution is always different from perceived reality and execution.

kudoz to you all for trying such a challenging theme.

#4 is pretty good in my opinion, BUT - the way the sword is held is not good. should be held lower if you want to pose with relaxed arms.. holding at that height, you need to tense your arms to make yourself look "fierce".

overall, nice lighting, nice theme. it's stuff that i don't think i can replicate though so don't come asking me for an equal or better photo - i can't, i repeat, i cannot do it.

just my honest opinions, please don't be offended.

Yezrah said:
Dolly is too pretty to be a warrior.

agreed! but that doesnt mean there isnt hope!
try tying her hair up at the top like that character from everquest:

eq.jpg

it'll probably increase her ferocity and accentuate her choker...

always nice to see the combined effort of dolly and timber with their fantasy ideas! :thumbsup:

not bad pics but I feel that the Costume and the model's expression are not up to it.

:)

My 2 cents..

Status
Not open for further replies.