The merops viridis’s menu de carte d'aile du nez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore / Taiwan
www.myviewfinder.net
The merops viridis or blue-throated bee-eater feeds mainly on insects they swoop upon during their foraging flights. These meals constitute mainly of dangerous insects like bees, hornets and less harmful ones like butterflies, dragonflies, etc.

So, what makes up a daily diet for the blue-throated bee-eater? Here’s what these little chaps can come up with in a single feeding session, presenting …

De merops viridis’s menu de carte d'aile du nez

First we have the little ones …
2004-be10course-others5.jpg
2004-be10course-others2.jpg

Oops, here comes the beauty and … the “beast”
2004-be10course-others4.jpg
2004-be10course-others1.jpg

Now for our all time favorite … the “flying-draconas-meal™”
2004-be10course-df4.jpg
2004-be10course-df5.jpg

2004-be10course-df2.jpg
2004-be10course-df3.jpg

2004-be10course-df1.jpg
2004-be10course-df6.jpg

… finally, something that hops and one HUGE bugger!
2004-be10course-others6.jpg
2004-be10course-others3.jpg

PS. That’s bee-eater’s grandpa doing da garang stunt of grabbing this HUGE bug off the sky. ;p

It has been a wonderful experience for my fellowship of photographers to be able to observe and record the residents of this colony for the past months. Hope you will enjoy this series as much as we do producing them.

For your comments and viewing pleasure :)

interesting series! :thumbsup:

seem to be noticing the ones who seem to be "bringing the bread home" are those with shorter elongated tail feathers... :think:

or simply a coincidence? :D

Awesome series! Well done guys!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The thread title is a tongue-twister though... :bsmilie: Anyone care to translate?

Oh my! :bigeyes: The blue-throated bee-eaters are having a great buffet over here!

Excellent series! Well done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:eek: :eek: so many !!! i never seen so many insects in mouth b4! AMAZING!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone, it has been a great experience for myself and I hope to be able to continue my study of this graciously beautiful bird for years to come. :)

Garion: It means "The blue-throated bee-eater's ala carte menu" :D

Garion said:
Awesome series! Well done guys!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The thread title is a tongue-twister though... :bsmilie: Anyone care to translate?

With my limited French, it's like putting some garlic to the nose or something like that in the French menu, or is it the other way round, like the French way.

Avatar: here it is en Francais, c'est Magnifique! Ces oiseaux.

Status
Not open for further replies.