The meaning of EOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamelaw

Jan 26, 2002
碧山
Visit site
Taken from Practical Photography magazine, May issue, page 27

Eos was the Titan goddess of dawn who, according to legend, rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus to herald her brother Helios, the sun, opening the gates of heaven so that Helios could ride his chariot across the sky.

I can see her in your avatar, right behind the beam of sun rise.... :) Thanks for the enlightenment, It's a really well thought out name.

So every EOS user can be called "eoraptors", the stealers of dawn..? :)

(btw, EORAPTOR is an early specie of raptor-like dinosaur, rather smallish in size..)

interesting...

check this out: http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/greek-mythology.php?deity=EOS

EOS: Goddess of the Dawn. Her tears are the morning dew.

Daughter of HYPERION and THEA, she's married to the blustery Wind God ASTRAEUS and has four windy sons: BOREAS, EURUS, NOTUS and ZEPHYRUS. She's a bit flighty herself, having been cursed with nymphomania by APHRODITE. .....

no wonder canon has so many worshipers...

cannot help it.. i thought it stands for Extra Overprice for Singapore.. ok.. enough jokes... ahem... back to work...

Err... Ohh... Shh...

interesting...

check this out: http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/greek-mythology.php?deity=EOS

EOS: Goddess of the Dawn. Her tears are the morning dew.

Daughter of HYPERION and THEA, she's married to the blustery Wind God ASTRAEUS and has four windy sons: BOREAS, EURUS, NOTUS and ZEPHYRUS. She's a bit flighty herself, having been cursed with nymphomania by APHRODITE. .....

no wonder canon has so many worshipers...

very interesting. thanks for sharing.

Not Exhilaration Of Sight meh?? :bsmilie:

BTW, "Canon" this name came from "Kwanon"

"Kwanon" is the name of a deity :)

I believe it stands for Electro Optical System by Canon ;)

I also share the same beliefs as vector1, but it's open, make it what you want.

By the way, Exhilaration Of Sight is just part of canon's marketing campaign. Electro Optical System is the original name ;)

cannot help it.. i thought it stands for Extra Overprice for Singapore..

I think Extremely Overpriced in Singapore sounds more appropriate.

EOS is simply acronym of Electro-Optical System. But other acronyms sound cool!

element of surprise. :p

Element Of Superiority

Status
Not open for further replies.