The Maid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Dong Moon

May 3, 2004
Great World City, Singapore
Just watch it ... very sad and poor maid lor. And the employer oso very "xia soi" one.... very bad employer. I think if maid watch this, must be very angry :confused:

its pretty good for a local venture...no fancy special effect....more realistic notions. Early frights...but seem to fizzle out at the end. Not bad lah...worth the weekend price.

Hmmm.... we're thinking of bringing over one of our maids from back in Manila. Do you think she'll come over if she watches the move?

Fyi: the maid in the movie is a popular Filipina actress. Haven't seen the film yet but the movie trailer sure looked creepy...

:)

Conan said:
Hmmm.... we're thinking of bringing over one of our maids from back in Manila. Do you think she'll come over if she watches the move?

Fyi: the maid in the movie is a popular Filipina actress. Haven't seen the film yet but the movie trailer sure looked creepy...

:)

Not to worry unless you stay at those old old house estate or something like the one in the movie, then your maid will fly back the next day.:sweatsm:

Overall it's a nice show which show the other side of singapore and the important of this culture. Seventh Month is an very important event for the chinese which believe the ancestor can visit them during this month of the year.:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

can't wait to watch it on Monday ;)

can anyone identify the locations used in the filming? esp the house?
i only identified the place where wati jumped, its the '4 horse road' hawker centre.
:think: :dunno:

The house apparently was located along Koon Seng Road ... before renovation .. used to stay around Joo Chiat Lane previously.. recognise the house since it was in my area.....

dEthANGeL said:
The house apparently was located along Koon Seng Road ... before renovation .. used to stay around Joo Chiat Lane previously.. recognise the house since it was in my area.....

Would love to a 'Maid' themed model shooting in that house :heart: :bsmilie:

soma said:
Not to worry unless you stay at those old old house estate or something like the one in the movie, then your maid will fly back the next day.:sweatsm:

Overall it's a nice show which show the other side of singapore and the important of this culture. Seventh Month is an very important event for the chinese which believe the ancestor can visit them during this month of the year.:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
I have one on a visit, and it ain't my ancestor!

HS

here's my two-cents worth 'opinion' on the show..

i felt no connection or sympathy to the character of the maid in the show at all. all i know is she's from the philippines and her brother is her only family left. the show could have done with better character development.

lots of cheap, predictable and unimaginative scares with liberal use of audio cues to let you know something scary is about to happen. i guess that needs no explaination..

the plot becomes more and more predictable as it goes along. plus a super-derivative twist copied straight from 'Sixth Sense'.

ok la, only redemption is the ok-la acting from the cast.

please don't flame me if you happen to be a fan of the show

Stereobox said:
the plot becomes more and more predictable as it goes along. plus a super-derivative twist copied straight from 'Sixth Sense'.

The last part where the mdm kena killed reminded me of the scene from 'Final Destination' :think: :think: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.