the LUST for lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

eadwine

Jan 17, 2002
east side
I think many *90%* of us here fall into the lust for lens category.Causing sleepless nights of web searching, price comparing, asking people here and there.worrying about the weight, the cost, the quality.......*other endless reasons*, the countless IF type of questions.

why are we torturing ourselves.

by the way , anyone selling their Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS or non IS versions?????

Originally posted by eadwine
I think many *90%* of us here fall into the lust for lens category.Causing sleepless nights of web searching, price comparing, asking people here and there.worrying about the weight, the cost, the quality.......*other endless reasons*, the countless IF type of questions.

why are we torturing ourselves.

For me, I try to constantly remind myself there's life beyond photography...it's not easy but it works! ;)

Originally posted by AdamGoi

For me, I try to constantly remind myself there's life beyond photography...it's not easy but it works! ;)

adam, its realllly reallllllly not going to be easy.
RESIST TEMPTATION bery hard

Well, there is always another way of doing it.

Like what AG has mentioned... remind oneself that we have a life beyond making pictures, and at the same time, lust for other items. ;)

It helps. ;)

It's normal....just like adrenalin rush, the craving of having new lenses....
TCW has 2 set 70-200 f2.8L for sale :devil:

Originally posted by Knighthunter
It's normal....just like adrenalin rush, the craving of having new lenses....
TCW has 2 set 70-200 f2.8L for sale :devil:

oh gosh , i hate to ask this but!! HOW MUCH!!!

Been there; done that ;). All I can say is "Go take more pics!"

1) It helps you take your mind off the BUY BUY BUY Syndrome

2) It'll help you discover what you really NEED and hence you won't fret too much doing senseless research on what you WANT.

3) Obsessing about making great pictures is waaay cheaper than obsessing about getting better lens.

Originally posted by BraveHart
Been there; done that ;). All I can say is "Go take more pics!"

1) It helps you take your mind off the BUY BUY BUY Syndrome

2) It'll help you discover what you really NEED and hence you won't fret too much doing senseless research on what you WANT.

3) Obsessing about making great pictures is waaay cheaper than obsessing about getting better lens.

Sound advice mate! :thumbsup:

But now.... :devil: where have you been and show us yer shots! :D :p

Haha it's blokes retail therapy!

These days I don't agonise or trawl through the web looking for a lens to buy... I got a long list to go through that as soon as I get the money I buy one by one!

In all seriousness, I know exactly what you all mean. I'm looking at getting a new computer and new(er) car, and it's the endless trawling for reviews, weighing the pros and cons, figuring how much I have to spend, etc etc...

In some ways, it's like being a kid in a candy store...

Originally posted by Jed

In some ways, it's like being a kid in a candy store...

And its going to be one hell of a BIG candy

And its going to be one hell of a BIG candy

Ead.. we all know how you feel lah...
Heck, now i'm agonising over which PDA to buy and as it is,
it's quite stressful already.. hehe. ;)

But seriously, it really helps when you know what you need to get and what it is meant for... :)

Oh You boys,

Lenses are like phalic symbols......men always wanting something bigger, longer and better;)

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Tsk tsk tsk... so incendiary... :devil:

ya lor
it should be slimmer, chio-er, rounder, bigger!!!

Originally posted by Pricess Leia
Oh You boys,

Lenses are like phalic symbols......men always wanting something bigger, longer and better;)

how about those who crave for super wides? shorter and wider.... not very appropriate right? :dent:

ya lor
it should be slimmer, chio-er, rounder, bigger!!!

Heh. Methinks Princess Leia is quite chio. But can also think of a few photographers who would rather sleep with Princess Leica in bed... :D

I kept tellin' ya - getting the D60 is only the beginning.

I've largely completed my lens collection, so the lust has abated somewhat. Got a few duds - lenses I hardly use. Keeping these for emergencies rather than selling them off. They tend to be the lenses with apertures smaller than f2.8. Now there's a pointer.

Now just waiting for an excuse to get more "exotic" lenses like the 200 f1.8.

I do think, however, that the 70-200 f2.8 is indispensable. If you can afford it, get the IS version. It will be worth every cent and will hold its resale value pretty well. Me, I'm waiting for Sigma to come out with an OS version.

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Sound advice mate! :thumbsup:

But now.... where have you been and show us yer shots!

Aiyar...been dammed bz at work man :( I'll be back in business once this peak season is over. Dammed...my 1.5 rolls per week average has dropped to 13 shots in 2 months :cry:

Originally posted by desmondwong

how about those who crave for super wides? shorter and wider.... not very appropriate right?

eh...its not the size that matters...but how u use it ;) May the Force be with you :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.