the lone ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

de5truction

Aug 28, 2005
shot at changi beach this evening just during sunset

2.jpg

felt that sth's still lacking with the picture, hope to get some honest comments, thanks! ;)

I like the simplicity of the image, but I feel that the lack of details in the strip of land at the bottom doesn't quite contribute to the image. For me, it would look better with more detail at that strip.

hmz... was actually thinking to do away wif all the detail and create sth like a silhoutte. plus a little crop in. thought that the nice orange patch in the bg was a nice touch IF it was intentional;)

yea would have done so too if would have a second chance, cause the beach details like kinda distracting and affects the image
how about if a person is in the foreground, would it bring sth more to the pic or just confuse the viewer with another subejct?

i would have preferred a more crimson sky. also the strip of land is distracting.

one possible suggestion - do a tighter crop of tree and sea (portrait) with sun setting in background.

how about if a person is in the foreground, would it bring sth more to the pic or just confuse the viewer with another subejct?

Since ur shot is more of a landscape one, i suggest u leave it as one :)
bringing in a person into the foreground will give ur image some scale, but unless the person is like directly beside the tree and veri small, it'll distract the viewer from ur intended image

Nothing much to pick on compositioinally. Basically, it lacks the colors of sunset as pointed out by pokiemon. Also, might help if you included the silhouettes of humans in your shot. That would give viewers a feel of size.

oh, i see wad it means to remove the lower land details..
will practise go practise more over the weekends! :)

I like the simplicity of the image, but I feel that the lack of details in the strip of land at the bottom doesn't quite contribute to the image. For me, it would look better with more detail at that strip.

Acts as a sort-of border. I like it, the colours, the composition..

Status
Not open for further replies.