The Living Court House on 14-15 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxheadroom

Jan 5, 2003
West
maxheadroom.multiply.com
Not sure if U guys are interested. It like an open house for supreme court. Was told that Camera are allow.

Description :

Curious about what goes on behind the doors of one of the civic district's most unique landmarks? Come join us from 14 - 15 March 2009 (10am - 6pm) as the Supreme Court of Singapore comes to life and opens its doors to visitors to see, learn and explore! Have your 'day in court' without being sued, summoned or subpoenaed!

Through informative, interactive and fun-filled activities, learn more about Singapore's legal system, find out what some common misconceptions about the Courts are, witness what takes place during a court proceeding and more! Take a guided tour to learn about the Supreme Court building and its facilities or participate in a Justice Trail that lets you discover interesting facts about the High Court and the Court of Appeal. Arm yourself with some basic legal knowledge at the legal talks and enrich your mind by visiting any of the four exhibitions!

This is the first time the Supreme Court is organising a public event since its move to the new building in 2005. 'The Living Courthouse' promises to be a fun-filled and informative event for everyone, with programmes suited for all ages.

It’s all happening at The Supreme Court of Singapore, so mark your calendars and we’ll see you there!

http://www.thelivingcourthouse.gov.sg/

Before bringing your camera to the new Supreme Court, we need a black and white confirmation that it is good to go.

From my experience of going to the Legal legacy in 2008, the organising committee and the police security force guarding the Supreme Court are two separate entities and do not work hand in hand.

Going in for the exhibition, the police security had no idea about the exhibition.

For a normal day, yes, U need to have B&W to bring your camera. But for this special event, U don;t have to provide B&W and the CISCO is aware of the event.

The Organising Committee is from SAL(Singapore Academy of Law). My last conversation with them is that Camera is allow. But still have to go through the security scan. Any last min changes might occur. :)

Before bringing your camera to the new Supreme Court, we need a black and white confirmation that it is good to go.

From my experience of going to the Legal legacy in 2008, the organising committee and the police security force guarding the Supreme Court are two separate entities and do not work hand in hand.

Going in for the exhibition, the police security had no idea about the exhibition.

maxheadroom, NemesisBlade

Many thanks for the heads up bros.:)

The Supreme Court is quite nice and the Legal Legacies 2008 was also done by SAL(Singapore Academy of Law).

i jus emailed supreme court n yup, dey replied dat cameras r allowed for e 2 days =]

Last edited:
It was crowded but manageable to go round the New Supreme Court.

There were many aunties and uncles dashing around to get chop on the heritage trail to get some souvenier.

Status
Not open for further replies.