The Lensbabies Series! YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
548210-ex.jpg

548212-ex.jpg

I used Photoshop on all the photos above, mainly Curves. I cropped some of the photos. all are saved in Low quality jpeg.

I was thinking of getting a Close-Up filter to attach it to the front of the lensbabies. and stacking filters at the front element to achieve different results. not sure if it'll work?

these photos are not ur classic macros but with the results obtained, i'm very pleased. ;)

comments welcomed!

your lensbabys shot rox!

nemesis32 said:
I think there's a PS action that will re-create the lensbaby effect....No need to spend money experimenting...

I doubt u can simulate those out of focus highlights effect like this on PS:

lensbabies2.jpg

AixisOfJustice said:
FYI, even a pro photographer is using/experimenting with the lensbabies.

wat so bad about Lensbaby that it is only meant for amertures and not the pros?

In paiting, we have thick brush, thin brush, airbrush, firebrush and watsoever brush... The beauty of the picture will lie in the painter who uses the different brushes creatively and appropreiately.

I see Lensbaby as just another tool to capture images for the creative photographers.

its quite cool..but seeing too many somehow makes me dizzzy... :bigeyes:

think it's more like creative spontaneous type of photography. which is what i might like. :D i do again with weekh with focus highlight that is unlike what photoshop can do. yes, one might be able to obtain the effect after some steps in ps, but the feeling of getting the whole picture is different from 'what you shoot is what you get'

maybe it's the feeling that is satisfying? :)

great job cheese :D when meet up play with the lens a bit. hehee.. ^___^ :thumbsup:

vonvonz said:
think it's more like creative spontaneous type of photography. which is what i might like. :D i do again with weekh with focus highlight that is unlike what photoshop can do. yes, one might be able to obtain the effect after some steps in ps, but the feeling of getting the whole picture is different from 'what you shoot is what you get'

maybe it's the feeling that is satisfying? :)

great job cheese :D when meet up play with the lens a bit. hehee.. ^___^ :thumbsup:

yeah! that's the main thing...!

it is the 'creative process'(vonvonz, familiar line? hehe) in taking the photograph that is so pleasing. the end product is all the more satisfying.

here, the process(familiar again, vonz? hahaha) is the main draw. not the post process like Photoshop-ing the effect in.

give lensbabies a try! u might just love it!

but if u're using film, it'll be very hard... u need to test-fire a few shots to get the exposure right. in film cameras, there's no way to do it. u can only use 'aga-ration' or maybe, a light meter.

cheers!

548201-ex.jpg

took the lensbabies out tonight and snapped a few photos around my neighbourhood. ;)

had a hard time focusing due to dim light. this lens flares easily. well, its a cheap lens after all!

all are hand held.
S2Pro
ISO400
1/2s to 1.5s.
f2.8
Custom White Balance.
Adjusted Curves in Photoshop.
Noise Ninja to remove more noise.

548201-ea.jpg

I Like to Drive Very Fast

548202-ea.jpg

Will 'O' the Wisp

548203-ea.jpg

Moonlit

very nice series!!

2 thumbsup!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

some more photos... heh heh!
taken around City Hall area.

didn't do much editing except for Curves and a B/W treatment for the Esplanade photo.

more to come! just that no time to edit. :thumbsup:
no longer miss the LOMO days with this lensbabies! its wacky!

548244-ea.jpg

548245-ea.jpg

548246-ea.jpg

With this product shoot of a Teapot marks the end of my Lensbabies series! yeah!

these photos are taken with a Cokin P Series +3 filter mounted in front of the lensbabies. :)
only PS done is Curves.

having fun with my Lensbabies! yeah!! :thumbsup:

548201-ew.jpg

548202-ew.jpg

548203-ew.jpg

548204-ew.jpg

548205-ew.jpg

548206-ew.jpg

548207-ew.jpg

I will be using the Lensbabies extensively in my photography from now on. i find it extremely useful in taking portraitures and products as well as very abstract themes.

a pity i can't post photos of my friend who fell victim to my lensbabies.
kekeke!

have fun!!

i think i can use photoshop to manipulate the effect.

ahbeng said:
i think i can use photoshop to manipulate the effect.

wa say, old thread... :)

anyway, i'm sure most of us here can use PS and manipulate the effects. just that, it doesn't beat the pleasure of taking the photos urself.
it takes away the excitement of what photography can provide, that element of surprise. :D

i'd rather spend more time taking and looking at photographs then sitting in front of a PC/Mac, running Photoshop and editing my photos.

i believe that some effects or certain angles taken with the lensbabies can't be faked with the PS.

cheers from a lensbabies' user!

Status
Not open for further replies.