The Lemon Law

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
This is the first time for us, and IIRC, the first in Asia too.

So it will be keenly watched for it's effect and for potential abuse by cheapos... lots of new checklists, sign offs etc...

How does it apply to our buy and sell sections?

So if the lemon we bought from the market is not sour enough, can we call it a "lemon"?

so if everyone gets a lemon... is it called a Lemon Party?

:bsmilie:

Have more faith. Not so easy kanna lemon 1...

TWmilkteaTW said:
Have more faith. Not so easy kanna lemon 1...

The bigger issue is in proving that it qualifies as a lemon and thus fall out of the normal warranty coverage for replacement. Unless you're a lawyer on your own time, anything not in tens of thousands is a lost cause.

It's like contracts that covers you in event of willful and gross misconduct on their part. Try proving it.

I read last saturday ads, courts say will accept 7 days return/refund for any goods and no question will be asked...

Basically u can buy 1dx or D4 and return within 7 days...

I read last saturday ads, courts say will accept 7 days return/refund for any goods and no question will be asked...

Basically u can buy 1dx or D4 and return within 7 days...

wow, all those camera rental stores will be out of business soon! :bsmilie: Time to make a booking for 1DX + all the white super telephotos at Courts!

wow, all those camera rental stores will be out of business soon! :bsmilie: Time to make a booking for 1DX + all the white super telephotos at Courts!

Bro this is not what the law is about and if Singapore wants to be a truly first world country, we will need to banish such behavior. Cheers.

There are specific clauses that will render such behavior useless. However, humans will always find a way to get what they want, even if it's dishonest

U need to prove it it's a lemon.....but 1 man's lemon is another man's apple....it's hard to debate.....unless the thing spoil out of the box...which is already covered by most of the warranty right now......so it's won't be much issue for any bonafide retailer.....only those Sim Lim and Orchard Plaza uncles need to be worried....but then all these gangsters grown under fear...so life will still goes on for them I suppose :dunno:

Some people here are having delusions that they've now got power over the shops.

Definition of a lemon is an unit that keeps failing. Means expect to visit the service center quite a few times before you can invoke the lemon law.

Not something you change your mind.

A unit that doesn't work or fails is covered by warranty.

Lemon exchange is with the supplier or manufacturer, not retailer.

Good luck is all I can say.