Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
The LEICA DIGITAL-MODUL-R is a digital camera back designed to fit regular production LEICA R8 and R9 cameras. LEICA R8 and R9 cameras will thus become the world’s very first hybrid 35 mm cameras that can be used optionally for digital or analog photography.

25.gif

The LEICA DIGITAL-MODUL-R:
  • Type: interchangeable digital module, fully compatible with LEICA R8 and R9, can be exchanged by the photographer her-/himself
  • Lenses: all Leica R-lenses as well as those earlier LEICAFLEX/SL/SL2-lenses that have been modified by adding the R-cam can be used.
  • Sensor: 3876 x 2584 Pixels (10 MPixel) CCD-Chip, active sensor area 26.4 x 17.6 mm, focal length extension factor 1.37
  • Sensitivity: 100 ISO up to at least 800 ISO
  • Storage media: SD-card
  • Data-formats: RAW, TIFF, 2 JPEG-compression rates
  • BW-Display shows: Frame counter, ISO, exposure compensation, battery status, flash ready signal, self timer, compression rate, resolution, moiré on/off, white balance.
  • Menue: sharpness, color saturation, contrast, frame number, contrast of color display, brightness of color display, duration of auto review, histogram on/off, power save options, card formatting, warning signals, audio histogram on/off, date, time, user-profils, firmware update, reset.
  • Interface: IEEE 1394 Firewire
  • Power supply: proprietary Lithium Ionen rechargeable battery pack.
  • Color monitor: for image control and menue-controlled settings.
  • Shutter cocking: by motor integrated in power unit.
  • Size and Weight: Comparable to LEICA R8/R9 with Motor-Drive (W x H x D) 158 x 140 x 89 mm.

More Information From Leica

Just ordered one for my antique camera Nikon F..........my Epson scanner does a good job on my 4x5 Horseman (it even scans beyond the filmformat)........hmmmmm..need to patent this.....

Hey Simon! Looks like Allen can shuffle some boys dancers for you on that trip to Thailand.......

Hong Sien

SD storage media??? for a 10MP CCD sensor? that's a rather odd choice... must be due to space constraints and form factor...

Originally posted by Larry
SD storage media??? for a 10MP CCD sensor? that's a rather odd choice... must be due to space constraints and form factor...

Leica does weird things. And with this "DSLR", you still have to "crank" the "film". :)

4500Euros and it's yours. That comes up to S$9k. Factor in the cost of the R8/9 body if you didn't already have one and you're probably better off with a 1Ds.

Regards
CK

sorry, can't stop bawling in laughter here. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Vapourware they were, not just overpriced.

When I first saw this, it was like "W O W" ... then reality sets in.

This module is still at least 1 year away from seeing the light of day (or any kind of light ;p pun intended)- its a "development announcement" ala what Nikon did with the 12-24DX 70-200VR lenses (both of which have been launched btw).

The images used by Leica in their release are renderings, and not the actual, even alpha/beta, product.

Will it turn out to be as vaporous as SiliconFilm? Who knows? 1 year is a long time, and with the combined might of Leica, Kodak and Imacon behind this, it just might be possible.

/me whips out the bean counter and see how many beans it would take to acquire a Leica R8/9 system ... count count count ooops dropped one count count count ... goes into bean-shock!!

After pondering it a little bit more, if this *really* is possible, perhaps we can expect a Nikon F6 with some similiar capability as well ... ponder ponder think think ... hmmmmmm ...

Hi

if i am not mistaken, there hasn't been a 35mm digital back made before?

wel just as well it might be Leica....since they have always been the innovators of 35mm equipment... since........errrr....... 1950s...... :devil: :D :cool:

hmm there're a couple of used R8s lying around the peninsula area..... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.