Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi guys and gals,
It's been a while since i last posted. :sweat:

Recently, saw the advertisement of the movie "The Leap Years" and was kinda inspired to make a photo video clip myself based on this.

And so, i took urgent leave (Hope my boss don't see this) to do it on 29th February~

Hmm, the video is meant to display my views on some society norms we see nowadays. Things like time with family, friends, coping with changes, higher expectation etc.

A... i've got a problem. Actually, i spend a lot of time to make sure the display of the shots are in tune with the music... But dunno why, after i saved the video, there seems to be some lag. So please bear with it huh...:sweat:

Took all these shots on 29th February 2008. All shot with 35mm (52.5 on a DX cropped sensor). Wanted to show what i see is what i shot~ :)

And so here goes, :embrass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3aSf9eac4Y

The photos can be viewed in my Flickr~ And also on Facebook if you are in the group~:)

I enjoy watching the video, it's a job well done. Very inspiring :)

I enjoy watching the video, it's a job well done. Very inspiring :)

Thanks alfred108~ :D
Hope the loading speed in youtube is not too slow though.:sweat:
Trying my best to bring out the link and mood.
Hope to do a better one on the next 29th February~

Can I have the name of the song you used? I knew it's from some movie but I just couldn't remember..

Thanks!

Can I have the name of the song you used? I knew it's from some movie but I just couldn't remember..

Thanks!

Oh, i got this score from my sis. If she didn't titled it wrongly, it is "Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence" by Ryuichi Sakamoto. :)

Wow, budding film director!
Nice job, not sure whether you were doing the transition according to the music, but I find the earlier part too slow, and the later ones too fast.

As usual, there are quite a few very powerful shots, your composition plus the very apt captioning really :thumbsup:

Can you post the series as images?

Wow, budding film director!
Nice job, not sure whether you were doing the transition according to the music, but I find the earlier part too slow, and the later ones too fast.

As usual, there are quite a few very powerful shots, your composition plus the very apt captioning really :thumbsup:

Can you post the series as images?

Hahaha, got job lobang for this field? Willing to quit my engineering job anytime. Haha.

Thanks bro~

Actually did the transition according to the music, with every high tone, the page will flip or transit. During the preview in windows movie maker, everything seems ok leh. But after i saved it, got this sync lag. Tried more than 5 times and each save needs about 15-20 mins. So i gave up eventually. :embrass:

Hehe, hope the caption is able to link ok la.

Oh ok, i will try to post them up today if i can knock off on time (kns, OT cannot claim somemore. :sticktong) . Total about 24 shots. You can view them in my Flickr if you want. Some shots were not show in the clip and there are actually some shots which i haven't post processed. Spend quite some time on the video thingy. :sweat:

Oh ok, i will try to post them up today if i can knock off on time (kns, OT cannot claim somemore. :sticktong) . Total about 24 shots. You can view them in my Flickr if you want. Some shots were not show in the clip and there are actually some shots which i haven't post processed. Spend quite some time on the video thingy. :sweat:

Had a quick look at the flickr.... good stuff :thumbsup:

Is "hope" a bit under? Or intentional to say " the future ain't so bright"??
;)

Had a quick look at the flickr.... good stuff :thumbsup:

Is "hope" a bit under? Or intentional to say " the future ain't so bright"??
;)

Hehe, thanks bro~

Hmm, idea is, "Don't pin too much hope on gambling". But sadly, this is most of Singaporean's definition of hope. Haha, look closely, the Toto sheet has marking. I bought some hope. Hahaha.

Hehe, thanks bro~

Hmm, idea is, "Don't pin too much hope on gambling". But sadly, this is most of Singaporean's definition of hope. Haha, look closely, the Toto sheet has marking. I bought some hope. Hahaha.

2,3,4,11,25,43? could be the next winning combination! :bsmilie:
But System 7, what is the missing number?

OK, enuff of OT.

nice work.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

however it should be "Making Up for the lost time"?

Thanks REDs Leader!

Ya... Spelling Salah... Paiseh Paiseh. Should be either "Lost Time" or "Time Loss"... :embrass:

Hahaha, got job lobang for this field? Willing to quit my engineering job anytime. Haha.

Thanks bro~

Actually did the transition according to the music, with every high tone, the page will flip or transit. During the preview in windows movie maker, everything seems ok leh. But after i saved it, got this sync lag. Tried more than 5 times and each save needs about 15-20 mins. So i gave up eventually. :embrass:

Hehe, hope the caption is able to link ok la.

Actually, I've experienced lag on any photoslideshow (transitions out of sync with music) that I've uploaded to youtube. I suspect it's something to do with the FLV (Flash Video) compression.

Thanks REDs Leader!

Ya... Spelling Salah... Paiseh Paiseh. Should be either "Lost Time" or "Time Loss"... :embrass:

Either way, make up for loss time, or make up for time loss, both are grammatically incorrect.

Cheesecake is right, the word used should be "lost". :bsmilie:

I must say the slideshow on the whole is well done. Nice tones, composition. I particularly like all your monochrome shots. The conversion is well done. Lots of tonal range and good contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.