amsyari

Mar 3, 2006
woodlands
64800-1279528793-0.jpg

1. What area is critique to be sought?
- How are the Lighting and composition.
- Whether it's too dark.
- Whether the picture has a balanced feel

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
- Hope to achieve a good HDR

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- Evening nice sky with sun and clouds after raining.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
- I like the clouds.
- The beautiful clouds pattern, added to the beauty and relaxing feeling to the picture.
- Added cool and mystery feeling to the picture.
_I like the position where I took this pic.

- Own Feeling :Having such a beautiful scene, make me feel much relaxing and calm.

I want to find out whether in what area I can really improve.

C&C are welcome :)

Hi, my 2-cents thought - maybe you can try increasing the contrast and brightness of the sampan, to make it stand out. I find it too gloomy. Agree with denniskee's comments.

Thanks will try to increase the contrast a little.... :)

love the contrast and lighting! the overall colour theme (blue) really blend in tgt very well, i.e. the sky, the sea, the boat. just wondering if shutter speed can be slightly lower to create a little motion in the waves out in the sea. just my little opinion. =) love this photo.

love such HDR cos they feel like paintings...dreamy sensations

insufficient space around the boat spoils this one, composition-wise. the tilt is also questionable, i don't see how it adds to the picture if it was intentional.. and if it was not, it shouldn't be there.

now on to treatment, this is an obvious hdr, and an overdone one at that, so i potentially could rant on and on about the many things that are not right here:

1) where are the brighter spots in the picture - and does it make sense to you that they are the brightest?

2) does your sky look a bit "fakeish" to you?

For me, the colour of the boat makes it strike out.

Becos its hdr, I really can't do much bout the clouds....

I really appreciate your comment very much.. :)
Hope to be a better photographer cheers!

you can, if you adjust the tone mapping settings.

this is a case of overdone strength when applying tone mapping.

love the contrast and lighting! the overall colour theme (blue) really blend in tgt very well, i.e. the sky, the sea, the boat. just wondering if shutter speed can be slightly lower to create a little motion in the waves out in the sea. just my little opinion. =) love this photo.

Hi there, First of all thanks for your comments. This picture is handheld shoot and it was taken in the late evening, so i can lower down the shutter speed cos it might be blurry, and for your info. this picture is HDR(High Dynamic Range).

:)

The pic look more like painting than photo :bigeyes:

nice effort. I see a ghosting image of the boat on the right hand side i suppose because you shot it hand-held the images could not get aligned well. so i'd suggest always bring a tripod when you wanna do HDR.

I also like HDR but more to natural look. check out Tom Kaszuba's
http://tomkaszuba.com/blog/index.php/hdr-done-right/ technique for HDR to add to your references :)

keep shooting :cool:

Dave hill doesn't use HDR. Its not even close. He uses an elaborate set-up of strobes with a wrap around effect. Easiest way for people like you and me to achieve in post is to use scott kelby's method. Even using that method also requires pictures to have the right kind of lighting.

This looks like an overdone hdr. Like others have said, its too tight composition wise. Tone down the processing.