The Last Goodbye

adrianseetho

Dec 26, 2008
4759965977_9b493d742c_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Color, contrast, etc

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to give a sad touch to it, but i am not sure if the colors and all fits that touch and all :)

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Late afternoon, in a cabin

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I hope that you guys can give me ur honest comments and advices, so that i am able to improve. thanks! :)

Expression capture is good, there is some emo, could have been a tighter crop.
the tone fits the intended mood, though a bit flat. It does project some sad feeling, as overall a succesful picture but not great one.

not a fan. what is he saying goodbye to? there's not much of a story.

may i suggest less of the left side, more of the window?

Agree... and I would think that a stronger contrast would have improved the picture.

Expression capture is good, there is some emo, could have been a tighter crop.
the tone fits the intended mood, though a bit flat. It does project some sad feeling, as overall a succesful picture but not great one.

may i suggest less of the left side, more of the window?

Agree... and I would think that a stronger contrast would have improved the picture.

Thanks for your wonderful comments! :)
will this be a better picture?

4767266635_a2912edc81_b.jpg

Yes.. I wonder if this might have been better as a B&W shot. :think:

I agree with the previous comments about B&W and less of left side. I think the mood will be excellent with the B&W.

for discussion, let me know if u want it taken down.

pp to reduce distraction behind his head. think i may have crop abit too much on the top.:sweatsm:

clone away the 2 green strips.

Last edited:
Good picture :thumbsup:

Because the lighting is quite flat for this pic, I reckon changing it into a high contrast B&W pic is a good idea. Besides, the mood suits B&W.

Good picture :thumbsup:

Because the lighting is quite flat for this pic, I reckon changing it into a high contrast B&W pic is a good idea. Besides, the mood suits B&W.

i feel softer contrast suit the mood better lay.

for discussion, let me know if u want it taken down.

pp to reduce distraction behind his head. think i may have crop abit too much on the top.:sweatsm:

clone away the 2 green strips.

i kinda like this! :) thanks so much. haha

Hi,

To be honest, I don't quite like the B&W. It seems almost too typical/predictable here in my opinion. You could try desaturating it but not totally, and then toning it with yellow perhaps, to give a more vintage feel.

Composition-wise, you can afford to crop the boy's shoulder to the extent as suggested by denniskee. It would have been better to show more of the window though.

Hope this helps,
AC

That's what makes photography interesting.

Just like in a Theme oriented photo competition... every submission carries each photographers' idea / thought / approach.

Usually, only the most outstanding / thought provoking / unorthodox piece will win the judges points. But of course, it can be controversial too, just like this picture.

Hi,

To be honest, I don't quite like the B&W. It seems almost too typical/predictable here in my opinion. You could try desaturating it but not totally, and then toning it with yellow perhaps, to give a more vintage feel.

Composition-wise, you can afford to crop the boy's shoulder to the extent as suggested by denniskee. It would have been better to show more of the window though.

Hope this helps,
AC

thanks! i will give it a try :)

i wonder if we pp motion blur the outside scenary, though its not obvious, will it adds to the mood?

Ya, with some raindrops even best, just like a still in a movie.

not a bad idea, but way too tight for me. more of the surroundings would have been better, if you want to tell such a story.

Ya, with some raindrops even best, just like a still in a movie.

haha ya. i think it would have been more dramatic if it was raining. thanks for the idea! :)

not a bad idea, but way too tight for me. more of the surroundings would have been better, if you want to tell such a story.

haha i am receiving differing views and opinions w.r.t the crop. but wont the facial expression be compromised if i were to include more surrounding? :) i am just thinking. thanks alot for ur comment though. i am a fan of ur work btw. haha