The Keyboard Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Here's my keyboard series. C&C is definitely welcomed! Please be harsh when needed. I can take it.

Don't mind the dust. It's not on my sensor, but my keyboard! :bsmilie:

PB260784find.jpg

To Strive, to Seek, to Find, and Not to Yield.

PB260789home.jpg

Till The Cows Come Home

PB260787break.jpg

Pause For Thought...
Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Will Never Hurt Me.

PB260783end.jpg

The End of the World... NOT!

wow, really dusty!

I like this series. Only nitpick, focus on "home" seem a bit off

wow, really dusty!

I like this series. Only nitpick, focus on "home" seem a bit off

Thanks grumpy! Agreed, the "home" is slightly out of focus. Handholding at 1/5s is pretty easy with IS. But you do get some movement occasionally. ;p And with these angles, makes it more prone to movement.

pretty nice series.. yeah ur keyboard looks very dusty! haha.. pretty interesting commentary/taglines to go along.. :)

pretty nice series.. yeah ur keyboard looks very dusty! haha.. pretty interesting commentary/taglines to go along.. :)

Thanks SolBadGuy. I don't know how to get my keyboard cleaned. It's all stuck! :bsmilie:

u can dismantle them and piece them back piece by piece
that be probably give you a lot of opportunities and inspiration to continue this series ;p

hi! very interesting concept.
wonder if you used flash? cos i find the keys a bit reflective.
for first and last picture... i think there might be too many highlights and shadows combined in one pic, so a bit distracting.
haha... maybe can PP away.
:)

u can dismantle them and piece them back piece by piece
that be probably give you a lot of opportunities and inspiration to continue this series ;p

Dismantle?? Would definitely have much more fun. But I don't know how and it's my only keyboard, which I am using now. ;p

hi! very interesting concept.
wonder if you used flash? cos i find the keys a bit reflective.
for first and last picture... i think there might be too many highlights and shadows combined in one pic, so a bit distracting.
haha... maybe can PP away.
:)

No flash. All at ISO800. There is a table lamp above me, that's why might be more reflective. What do you mean by too many highlights and shadows? :)

hi,
i meant for eg, the "End" photo, the bright spot at top right corner is drawing attention away from the "end" word. the bottom left corner could be a potential distractor also.

on the keyboard itself, i thought the other numbers are a little bright in comparison, while the shadows between each key is also quite dark. in a sense, it makes the other numbers stand out.

but i'm not entirely sure how to make the situation better. a suggestion would be to pull in the levels limits, so that the bright part become less bright, dark part less dark. then from there, increase the contrast, and perhaps add vignetting or selective burning to the sides to help draw the attention back to the word "end"

or maybe one way is to just use levels and make everything darker.

oh.. ha,.. and i'm using the same logitech keyboard in my office now.

hi,
i meant for eg, the "End" photo, the bright spot at top right corner is drawing attention away from the "end" word. the bottom left corner could be a potential distractor also.

on the keyboard itself, i thought the other numbers are a little bright in comparison, while the shadows between each key is also quite dark. in a sense, it makes the other numbers stand out.

but i'm not entirely sure how to make the situation better. a suggestion would be to pull in the levels limits, so that the bright part become less bright, dark part less dark. then from there, increase the contrast, and perhaps add vignetting or selective burning to the sides to help draw the attention back to the word "end"

or maybe one way is to just use levels and make everything darker.

oh.. ha,.. and i'm using the same logitech keyboard in my office now.

Understood. Maybe I'll try to improve on it for my next series sometime in the future? :bsmilie: Thanks.

hi newbie here
interested to know how do you actually focus at one particular area of the picture
like yours for example. how do you set the aperture?
Thanks alot from you guys!hope to learn more

hi newbie here
interested to know how do you actually focus at one particular area of the picture
like yours for example. how do you set the aperture?
Thanks alot from you guys!hope to learn more

Great to see you asking questions. :)

How did I focus at one particular area? I focused on the place I wanna focus and recompose. And at the angle I am at, the surroundings will be blur. Why? Because of the DOF and Hyperfocal Distance. Pros correct me if I'm wrong. Do search on Google to find out more.

My aperture was set to the smallest value, to get the smallest DOF I can get. Google it as usual.

What camera are you using?

thanks for the advice dort!
currently i'm using Canon 350 D,Sigma 75-300 lens

thanks for the advice dort!
currently i'm using Canon 350 D,Sigma 75-300 lens

No wide-angle zoom or standard zoom? The kit lens that came with the camera?

Great to see you asking questions. :)

How did I focus at one particular area? I focused on the place I wanna focus and recompose. And at the angle I am at, the surroundings will be blur. Why? Because of the DOF and Hyperfocal Distance. Pros correct me if I'm wrong. Do search on Google to find out more.

My aperture was set to the smallest value, to get the smallest DOF I can get. Google it as usual.

What camera are you using?

i think theres a bit of misconception.
the shallow DOF in ur pictures are caused mainly by the big aperture (small aperture number) and distance to ur subject. the closer u are to ur subject, the shallower the DOF.

the longer focal length of lens = shallow DOF too.

so let's say
1)i were to stand close to the subject,
2)and if i were to stand far from the subject but using a longer lens to zoom in
which of these 2 will i end up having a shallow DOF?
just a penny of my thoughts and thanks for the advice

i think theres a bit of misconception.
the shallow DOF in ur pictures are caused mainly by the big aperture (small aperture number) and distance to ur subject. the closer u are to ur subject, the shallower the DOF.

the longer focal length of lens = shallow DOF too.

Thanks for clearing it up. That was what I wanted to say, just don't know how to explain. :bsmilie:

so let's say
2)and if i were to stand far from the subject but using a longer lens to zoom in

Correct me if I'm wrong again.

I believe using a longer lens to zoom will result in a shallower DOF. Try it out yourself. Learn through experience. :)

so let's say

It depends on your exact distance, as well as your exact focal length.

i tink out of all..
the 1 on FIND stands out the most..
reminds me of my past though..
hahas..
however, i would rather name it "unreasoning searching"..
mainly because of the bw..
it gives me the emo feeling u c..
hope u dont mind..:)

i tink out of all..
the 1 on FIND stands out the most..
reminds me of my past though..
hahas..
however, i would rather name it "unreasoning searching"..
mainly because of the bw..
it gives me the emo feeling u c..
hope u dont mind..:)

Thank you figsheng. :) It does give a emo feeling. :bsmilie: Glad you like it. (if you do)

Status
Not open for further replies.