The Joe McNally Asia Tour 2011 (Singapore: Jan 11 - Jan 15)

louisp

Joe McNally, lighting extraordinaire & National Geographic photographer, will be conducting an educational tour around Asia. He will be teaching four workshops and a seminar in Singapore from January 11-15, 2011. This is a precious and rare opportunity to learn from one of the most revered photographer of our generation. For more information, see http://www.joemcnallyasia.tv

Investment: Starts from MYR 650.00 (approx. USD186.00)

Who is Joe McNally?

Joe McNally is known internationally for his ability to produce technically and logistically complex assignments with expert use of color and light. An internationally acclaimed American photographer and long-time photojournalist, Joe is a 20-year contributor to National Geographic magazine. He is renowned for his photographic series on "The Future of Flying", a 32-page cover story published in December 2003. The story was the first all digital shoot for the magazine, and that issue was a National Magazine Award finalist, as well as one of the most popular National Geographic covers.

In 2008, McNally published his critically acclaimed, award winning book, The Moment It Clicks, which has been touted as, "one foot on the coffee table and one foot in the classroom." In 2009, McNally published his newest, much anticipated book, The Hot Shoe Diaries. It immediately cracked Amazon.com's top ten list of best sellers within the first week of publication.

He has shot cover stories for Sports Illustrated, Time, Newsweek, Geo, Fortune, New York, Business Week, LIFE and Menʼs Journal, among others.

My idol :kiss:

Im interested!:think:

U joining? :dunno:

Although he is my idol; but I find that the price is bit high. There are other ways to obtain knowledge on lighting too :)

Wow... The price tag for one day is::sweatsm:

One-Day Workshop by Joe McNally
The Joe McNally Asia Tour 2011

Singapore, 11 January 2011, 08.30AM-06.00PM
MYR2400.00 (approx. USD685.00)

Yes expensive but I would blow that much money or more on a lens anyway.

CS members get discount a not huh.??? :cool:

Wow, my idol too! But $$$$$ :(

oh damn. it costs so much. i'm new to this, but i'd love to attend one of his workshops.

I guess idol have to eat too... :sweat:

Hahah. Very funny. Yea man, idol must eat too...I would rather spent the money on glass, honestly :)

Personally... I would spend on "lights".... and time for practice.... den glass...

I would think glass is just an equipment but with the workshop it is the experiences that you get from the man himself and that is priceless. We don't get such workshop very often in Singapore as the market is too small.

I might be joining but cannot register now as afraid that schedule will clash but at the same time, worried that it will be full house. :sweat:

I would think glass is just an equipment but with the workshop it is the experiences that you get from the man himself and that is priceless. We don't get such workshop very often in Singapore as the market is too small.

I might be joining but cannot register now as afraid that schedule will clash but at the same time, worried that it will be full house. :sweat:

Haha... bro.. that why I always say "The equipment is only as good as it's wielder"... :bsmilie:

Bro... let me think of a compromise for you... Buy the ticket first, if you cannot go just give to me a present.... idea... hor.. ;p

Anyway... I am no doubt that the seminar would be a success... ;)

joe_pic.jpg

Meet the world's most versatile photographer and lighting extraordinaire, Joe McNally in Singapore. This exclusive LIVE video conferencing brings you up close and personal with the legendary National Geographic photographer.

Do you have a question you've been dying to ask Joe? Perhaps one of his many mission impossible assignments, the picture he nailed with 120 flash head or about his first teaching tour to Singapore next January? This is your chance.

Streaming LIVE from Joe's studio in USA to Singapore, you will be brought face-to-face with the legend. Bring your questions for Joe...we'll try to take as many questions as we can.

Date: Nov 4, 2010
Time: 8-9:15pm
Place: Singapore Human Resources Institute
2 Serangoon Road,
Level 6, The Verge, Room TR 9

directions via Google Map

Limited to 100 people only. Get your FREE ticket on a first-come-first-serve basis.

lifeguide.jpg

LIFE Guide winners
We announced a couple of weeks ago that the next 15 persons who signed up for Joe’s workshop would win Joe’s latest book. They were snapped up in days! Here are the lucky winners & the workshop locations they signed up. Joe will personally signed your book and hand it to you during the workshop :)

Hong Kong - Maria Sze, Alwin Li
Singapore - Matthew Soon, Martin Reiser, Michael Ong
Kota Kinabalu - Hamidi Alwi, Michael Neitman, Joseph Heath
Kuala Lumpur - Ario Wibisono, Graham Sweetman
Jakarta - Jerry Natria Natsir, Irwan Nusantara

longque.jpg

Wait List
There is a chance we may add another 3-day advanced workshop in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia as the first one was sold out a month ago. We have started a wait list. If you are keen let us know. If we have enough people, we’ll try to start a second one. Kindly write to info@wedshooter.tv

Yes, an unbelievable BUY 1 FREE 1 offer. Sign up a Joe McNally workshop in Singapore and you get Joe’s one-day seminar for free*. You get to spend two days with the legendary photographer for the price of one day. This amazing offer ends December 11 or whenever the seats are sold out! Don’t miss this.