The Iron Lady passes on

CNN and BBC have continuous broadcast on this.

Her generation includes:

our ex-MM
Mly's MM
Thai King
Gorbachev

Suharto ]
Reagan ] All Departed
Sihanouk ]
Marcos ]

Thatcher is a lady who kicked butts.
She is a great example for women

May her soul rest in peace.

May her soul rest in peace.

In some parts of the UK, they are celebrating her death.

........:sweat: .......... somebody get us Iron Man .........quick........ :sweatsm:

RIP... to a one of the great leader of our times... like everyone else, she has a great moments... and very bad ones... may History judge you fairly. :think:

Last edited:
A strong willed lady. RIP.

Some quotes:

If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.

It is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake.

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.

You don't follow the crowd. You make up your own mind.

The line is grey between right and wrong. As leader, it is very difficult to make decisions that will satisfy everybody. From the news we read, she is a good leader but I guess it didn't matter much to most ordinary people like us here.

Whatever, she was a PM of a great nation. She must have certain attributes to make her one. RIP Lady.

Good or bad, she made her mark in a big way.

I had trouble remembering the PMs before and after her. :bsmilie:

Good or bad, she made her mark in a big way.

I had trouble remembering the PMs before and after her. :bsmilie:

I can't remember the German leaders before and after Hitler either.

Margaret Thatcher knew the single currency would devastate Europe – Telegraph Blogs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-105481/Time-ditch-EU-says-Thatcher.html

MT was spot on when she criticised the EU and the Euro. She could see how rotten it was - 20 years ago.

Maybe because of her warnings, UK wisely refused to adopt the Euro, although UK stupidly joined the EU.

Cyprus is finding out the hard way, what it means to lose sovereignty and be treated very shabbily by other powerful EU members.

The big brother of EU, Germany will relentlessly pursue Frankfurt as Europe's financial centre; and downgrade London to a has-been.

Last edited:
I like how she handled the Falklands invasion.

Especially pushing for the ageing and soon to be retired Avro Vulcan B.2s right to its operational limits during Operation Black Buck just so as to Chi Ba Boom Port Stanley Airport from Wideawake Airfield, RAF Ascension Island. The 16 hours bombing raid was the longest at that time and required eight aerial refuelings for the single Avro Vulcan B.2s.