The Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaffjammer

Jun 13, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi this is the first post I'm making and I'm quite new to photography so I hope some experienced ones could shed some light on ways for me to improve?

4021402974_8d0157c4ba_m.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Maybe the angle of the shot, distance.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A close up view of the bear while its hunting for fish underwater

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
In the zoo, squatting in front without a chance to move cos of people sitting at the back, using a telephoto lens

[EDIT] My bad, accidentally put a . in the link, so nothing showed up.

Last edited:
what photo? is it just mi or is that why no one's commenting?:bsmilie:

Hi there nice photo
But it doesnt really tally with the title, coz it's juz look like polar bear swimming underwater (and look at its innocent look)
a hunter should hv that fierce cunning look, n better if there's a prey in the frame
for better composition u hv to give more space in front of the bear, the framing is too tight i think

Hi there nice photo
But it doesnt really tally with the title, coz it's juz look like polar bear swimming underwater (and look at its innocent look)
a hunter should hv that fierce cunning look, n better if there's a prey in the frame
for better composition u hv to give more space in front of the bear, the framing is too tight i think

agree.... give it some space to move towards. "landscape" it.. give it room to swim towards.

I thought it was a dog at first. Umm...maybe taking it from its front would result in more meaningful picture? Snapping when it shows its teeth from the front would be great IMO.

My interpretation:

Composition

1. Angle - Could be better if you have a frontal face shot
2. Distant - Give your subject "space" to look into, ie, include some space towards the right.

Um hi thanks for all the replies. Regarding the one with giving it more space on the right, its kinda impossible because of the partitions in the glass, plus i couldn't move. but i'll take note of it.

hi, i thought it was a pleasant shot.

nothing particularly outstanding, but it is still pleasant, and i have nothing to pick about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.