The "Hi-Fi" Seller-in-a-van is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Hi everyone,

Remember a few months back, there's this van(dull blue or red) that will stop pass-by in CBD area and try to sell your some "high-end" hi-fi speakers at a so-called "low price'? But in the end, you will buy some crappy stuff at a high price.

I just met them in Tanjong Pagar MRT trying to stop me while I am walking towards the station. Spread the words, so no one will get cheated.

ha ha...i've "met" them in the heartlands too. once crossing an hdb carpark, this white van came along and the driver loudly tried to make a sale off me. :bsmilie:

ai yo... they were also at Yishun area :dunno:

yeah, man....spread the word

not sure if it's the same seller(s), but a few months back while i was at a road junction waiting for the lights to turn green, a van stopped next to me and the guys in the van shouted out to me and asked me if i was interested in buying a brand new hifi set in the van. They claim it was because they loaded wrong number of units and had to get rid of it. I just smiled back and drove off when the lights turned green. They were shouting "Oi!@ Brother! Don't like that leh!? ..."

sfhuang said:
They were shouting "Oi!@ Brother! Don't like that leh!? ..."

Exactly the same! They never change their lines! Ha ha ha.....:sweatsm:

Max 2.8 said:
Exactly the same! They never change their lines! Ha ha ha.....:sweatsm:

haha ... but I must give it to them for originality in hard-selling lor. Traffic junction also can.

Yah, got stopped in Chinatown before, and then met them near Bugis... they sure go around! Anyone bought from them before?

Share your experience

I met them once at changi Village carpark. Seems like they go round the island.

Anybody has luck seeing them in P.Ubin? :bsmilie:

This is a well-documented international scam. I posted about this a long time back
SCAM ALERT - Theatre Innovations

They always give same excuse - supposed to sell off, but now they got surplus stocks, so they need to sell them off if not they get into trouble when their boss finds out.

So, watch out people! ;(

synapseman said:
This is a well-documented international scam. I posted about this a long time back
SCAM ALERT - Theatre Innovations

They always give same excuse - supposed to sell off, but now they got surplus stocks, so they need to sell them off if not they get into trouble when their boss finds out.

So, watch out people! ;(

Jeez!!!! I didn't know SCAMs can also franchise!!!!!:eek:

I always wonder how much money they make, considering they need to hire a van, employ 3-4 ppl (actors?), stock up the fake hi-fi speakers, etc etc, is it really worth it to scam? :think:

sfhuang said:
not sure if it's the same seller(s), but a few months back while i was at a road junction waiting for the lights to turn green, a van stopped next to me and the guys in the van shouted out to me and asked me if i was interested in buying a brand new hifi set in the van. They claim it was because they loaded wrong number of units and had to get rid of it. I just smiled back and drove off when the lights turned green. They were shouting "Oi!@ Brother! Don't like that leh!? ..."

hmm.... sound like something I witnessed, was it at the Junction outside MICA building ? were you're driving a CarVan ? If it was not you, then guess you're not the only one they tried at a traffic stop.

rueyloon said:
hmm.... sound like something I witnessed, was it at the Junction outside MICA building ? were you're driving a CarVan ? If it was not you, then guess you're not the only one they tried at a traffic stop.
There is only 1 in Singapore, by now most ppl would have known them already.

Saw a white one is the carpark near Mcdonalds Kalang MRT 2 months back. This fellow was trying to 'get rid' of some cheap Hi-Fi stuff :embrass: .

Max 2.8 said:
Hi everyone,

Remember a few months back, there's this van(dull blue or red) that will stop pass-by in CBD area and try to sell your some "high-end" hi-fi speakers at a so-called "low price'? But in the end, you will buy some crappy stuff at a high price.

I just met them in Tanjong Pagar MRT trying to stop me while I am walking towards the station. Spread the words, so no one will get cheated.

Let's make it a game to spot them and post in Clubsnap Reportage forum :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.