The Head Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockPopCorns

Jan 1, 2005
Jurong
Been shooting on and off coming to a year, still consider myself a newbie and learning now and then.

I have a question to ask all the old birds out here..

In what situation to best use of: 1. Ball head 2. Pan head, on tripod?

I also having a monopod for some occasion shoot, usually for monopod will be going with Ball head only right?

Thanks..:)

RockPopCorns said:
Been shooting on and off coming to a year, still consider myself a newbie and learning now and then.

In what situation to best use of: 1. Ball head 2. Pan head, on tripod?

I also having a monopod for some occasion shoot, usually for monopod will be going with Ball head only right?

Thanks..:)

The more serious you are in pursuing photography
either as a hobby or as a profession, the more serious
you are in paying attention in getting a sturdy and
versatile tripod with the necessary accessories.

The type of heads you use depends on the type of photography you do. For sports you will find the monopod with a versatile ballhead essential. The use of quick release plate is essential when you are using several camera bodies.

The pan and tilt with the spirit level is used for precision alignment such as in photographing interiors and exteriors of buildings. It is the most essential head for almost all photographic activities.

In most circumstances a tall tripod and yet can go as low as one or two feet best work for me.

I have several different heads, all used according to what is needed at the time.

---------------------------------
Can photographers help in promoting
a civil society and economic prosperity?

Thanks!!:D

Asking this question because I will be going to Japan for assignment for a year, thus, I need to fully realise the correct usage of different heads..

suddenly I thought of an other question...

In SG, my equipment are place in dry cabinet when not using.. but going to oversea I wonder how to care and maintain the lenses and body....

anyone?

Thanks.

You can try silica gel beads in stockings or 'breatheable' material to ensure your equipment stays nice and dry.

sort extended trips / assignments, i would normally bring a large lock-n-lock with a sock of silica gel for the cam and lenses. humidity varies in japan through the different seasons.

rpc - your assignment is a photographic assignment? whatever it is, make sure you get allowance as the cost of living there is almost forbidable!!

Cactus jACK said:
sort extended trips / assignments, i would normally bring a large lock-n-lock with a sock of silica gel for the cam and lenses. humidity varies in japan through the different seasons.

rpc - your assignment is a photographic assignment? whatever it is, make sure you get allowance as the cost of living there is almost forbidable!!

thanks for the tips, LordAero & Jack..

no lah..
my day work biz trip..
will be there for a year.. thus will bring my entire arsenal over..;p

RockPopCorns said:
thanks for the tips, LordAero & Jack..

no lah..
my day work biz trip..
will be there for a year.. thus will bring my entire arsenal over..;p
for a year then meaybe can just buy an electronic drybox...:think:

JediForce4ever said:
for a year then meaybe can just buy an electronic drybox...:think:

then you want him to sell to you right after his work stint here is over? ;p :bsmilie:

haha.. i think i just go for a dry box will do..
lucky that i will be back for xmas and cny.. thus any short of equipments can buy off when back here in sg..:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.