The Happiest (and Saddest) Countries

More importantly... are you Happy or Sad... location is pointless...

Mostly Scandinavian countries at top.

11. Israel (7.301) is happy? Constantly under threat of annihilation by some of its surrounding Arab neighbours. Hezbollah rockets fired frequently into Israel.

16. Mexico (7.088) is happy? Do the survey organisers know the crime + murder rate + drug addiction/trafficking problems in Mexico?

Bhutan's Gross National Happiness is the worst bullshit excuse for not governing properly and taking care of its citizens' material welfare.

Last edited:
Singapore shooters are ranked 7th happiest DSLR owners in the world in ICMA (international camera manufactuers association) survey.

Not bad at all. :)

Any ranking on the camera made?

No wonder I am not happy. Not just camera but also the lenses. Haha

I was looking at d700 then d800 came along. I realize they have a d4 and was told d4s is round the corner. So confusing one.

I was looking at d700 then d800 came along. I realize they have a d4 and was told d4s is round the corner. So confusing one.

Happiness requires maintenance. When the next product cycle comes around, it is time to renew thy happiness

Happiness requires maintenance. When the next product cycle comes around, it is time to renew thy happiness

To pomote Nikon owners happiness:

179161018_3d2729e677.jpg

207176_206748729354484_118721654823859_727097_6747738_n.jpg

2mxrfx0.jpg

Now more confused. I love photo 1 & 2. They selling? Haha

From all this, you know that the UN survey list of "happiest countries in the world" is worthless.

16. Mexico (7.088) is happy?

This is the news about Mexico 2 hours ago 14 Sep 2013. Do they look happy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23924377

Photo credit: BBC
Mexican-Federal-Police-of-007.jpg

From a 13 Sep 2013 report. Guess who are the rioters? They are teachers. There must be some genuine grievances.

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-mexico-teachers-zocalo-riot-20130913,0,7353840.story

Photo credit: BBC

Photo credit: Los Angeles Times
Photo caption:
Striking teachers intending to block a main avenue try to push past a wall of riot police this week in Mexico City. (Christian Palma / Associated Press / September 4, 2013)

Last edited:
Mostly Scandinavian countries at top.

11. Israel (7.301) is happy? Constantly under threat of annihilation by some of its surrounding Arab neighbours. Hezbollah rockets fired frequently into Israel.

16. Mexico (7.088) is happy? Do the survey organisers know the crime + murder rate + drug addiction/trafficking problems in Mexico?

Bhutan's Gross National Happiness is the worst bullshit excuse for not governing properly and taking care of its citizens' material welfare.

In Israel, if the rockets didn't land on their head, they should be happy :)

In Mexico, they can get high easily with widely available drug :) Why shouldn't they be happy ?

Most times, you have to make your own decision to be happy or not. Of course the environment plays a part. In general, Singapore is a great city with no major natural disasters. If you are not too picky, I don't see why you should not be happy.

Always look at those that are worse off than you and you will realize how lucky you are. At least we have our camera and Internet. Haha